Last FAA airspace Wavier granted 9/11/17

Kirk

Did some checking before I call (good luck right) the FAA to ask about my 9 month old airspace waiver (107.41) requests. I posted the question here “has the FAA stopped granting airspace waivers”? Someone said they were still granting waivers. The FAA granted waivers database shows that the last waiver was granted 9/11/17. That’s six months ago. Assuming people are putting in requests regularly the FAA has halted granting airspace waivers.

Edited by Kirk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed the same situation while i too await a response from the organization. I also noticed that COA's only go out as far as 12/31/2019 on the "DroneZone" site. Changes coming?

However, I still acquire ATC quite easily via phone calls and have even been thanked for calling. This seems odd as i have been hearing quite different results on other "boards".

Edited by MedicFL1
additional information

Whatever FAA ATC facility you have been calling was instructed months ago that they are NOT to grant any airspace authorizations for sUAS operations.  They were told to refer Part 107 operators to the online portal, now called the DroneZone and they were also instructed that there were to be NO deviations from that operating protocol.  

• 2 weeks later...

Mahalo @JBR LIFE Photography@Kirkis referring to airspace WAIVERS, a whole different thingy.  FAA is dragging their feet on it and will continue to do so, in my opinion, until LAANC is fully implemented.  After that, who knows what!  The best 30 days of my life (maybe) was spent in preparation of the opening of the Ihilani Resort and Spa on Oahu back in 1992 (I think).  Worked all day and partied all night - nice work if you can get it!