Jon

New Drone

I am looking for a new drone with a video camera that dosent cost to much. This will be my first drone. What do you recommend? Thanks

I've just purchased the MJX x101 and i liked it even i still didn't have time to fly it. The camera is a C4008 (its ok, not great) and its a beautiful drone! It costs around £80 here in the UK. See all the reviews about it to see if it suits you and there are also loads of videos on youtube.

@Jon, saying "doesn't cost too much" is pretty subjective.

I tend to recommend models from this list, but the ones with video only shoot 720p and don't have gimbals, so you're not going to be able to shoot anything professional.

The lowest-priced "professional" system I like right now is the DJI Phantom 3 Standard at $499. You're not getting the bells and whistles of the Advanced or Professional tiers, or any of the super cool features of the Phantom 4, but you're getting much higher quality video than the units in the sub-$200 range.

Happy to offer more insights if you can provide more details about the kind of flights you plan to do, what kind of video you're looking to capture, what your goals are (recreational, commercial, etc.) and the like.

Hope this helps!

My wife is a Realtor so I was going to video houses and neighborhoods. Also just wanted to use for recreational. Where is a good place to buy one online? I have looked at Amazon, but I see many negative reviews. Where else is a good place to buy one? I am looking for something under $200.

Be careful. Be very careful.  The FAA defines commercial use of drones very broadly.  I believe their standard is "any commercial purpose." Using drone footage for real estate listings would certainly be considered commercial use.  Take a look at any of the threads on this forum that have to do with a 333 Exemption to get a feel for what's involved, and take a look at http://www.faa.gov/uas/legislative_programs/section_333/333_faqs/.  

Having said that, I don't think you'll get very good results with a drone without a point-able camera, ie a gimbal.  Let me suggest a different strategy for you to consider.  Get yourself an inexpensive drone and use it to learn how to fly.  The regulations about commercial use will be changing, maybe later this year, maybe next year.  The new regs will be much easier to comply with. If you find you like flying  and haven't smacked into too many trees or houses, then you  could look at spending enough money to get yourself one of the really suitable drones, like a DJI Phantom or Yuneec Typhoon.

• Like 2

@Jon I have a Landvo JJRC H8D and it's cost is under $200.  It's a great bird to learn to fly because there are no automatic features.  You literally have to manually fly it.  I have been sharpening my skills for about 4 months now and I will be upgrading to something along the lines of the DJI Phantom 3 Pro or 4 in the near future.  I will feel much more confident in flying a $1300 UAV after I have cut my teeth on (and crashed!) a cheaper one.    As for videoing real estate, I would definitely listen to Silk Purse and Alan.  Just my two cents worth.  Have fun! 

The jello is caused by unbalanced props, which are easily fixed with a prop balance checker, some gel glue and some fine sandpaper.  But, I thought that this UAV would help you in getting your wings before you start filming, so to speak.  No buzzers and whistles.

• Like 1

Wow that was pretty kool!, does anybody know if this comes with night vision?

A couple of websites Ive been scanning for the Best Bang for the Buck  Banggood.com

Hobby King .com  the Prices vary and Ive never bought anything yet but in time I will ,this is on my wishlist.