My first UAV build

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lauren Holloway said:

it's a cute looking one :x what are the specs of this little bee?

Some background on this early UAV....

In late 2012 I backed a Kickstarter project called "Fourbot" and around April of 2013 I received a bunch of cheap parts with no build instructions.

The project creator either was over whelmed or lost interest as he provided little to no support to his backers. With some help from other backers and watching various youtube videos I managed to get it to fly. The original landing gear broke on the first few landings and it was my Wife's idea to use pool noodles as a replacement. Although I was not happy at the time with the quality of parts and lack of support from the project creator it got me hooked on this hobby.

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Spitfire76 said:

I gradually replaced most of the cheap components with better quality ones including the frame and then built a hex from scratch which is what I mainly fly now. 

Cool. i suggest you attach a tiny tracker into this. wouldn't want to lose this cute thing

blockquote widget

On 4/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, Spitfire76 said:

Some background on this early UAV....

In late 2012 I backed a Kickstarter project called "Fourbot" and around April of 2013 I received a bunch of cheap parts with no build instructions.

The project creator either was over whelmed or lost interest as he provided little to no support to his backers. With some help from other backers and watching various youtube videos I managed to get it to fly. The original landing gear broke on the first few landings and it was my Wife's idea to use pool noodles as a replacement. Although I was not happy at the time with the quality of parts and lack of support from the project creator it got me hooked on this hobby.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:48 PM, Spitfire76 said:

I gradually replaced most of the cheap components with better quality ones including the frame and then built a hex from scratch which is what I mainly fly now. 

ohh im excited to see myself flying drones. and since that photo is 5 years from now, can i see a photo of your recent build as you said quoted just above this comment i wrote?