leyrerwa

DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Greetings All,

I am ready to take the plunge and purchase a Phantom 4 Pro. An upgrade from my Hubsan X4 Pro High-End Edition.

However, I'm tossed on whether or not I should trust the purchase of a "lightly" used P4 Pro or not risk the hassle and just buy a new one.

Has anyone had success purchasing a used P4 Pro or have suggestions why buying new is the better option?

I realize not ALL used drone are created equal and there are great buying opportunities out there in the used market but for the money involved with this purchase is buying used worth the risk.

Thanks for looking.

Clear Skies,

Bill L.

in Okla.

DJI's are consumer drones with questionable quality control, the odds that a new P4 will have issues is pretty high.  For all the DJI fanboys out there, that's a backhanded compliment.  Your just as likely to get a good used P4 as you are a new one.  

Go for it.  Google P4's, check out the forums to see what issues are trending and simply ask the owner or test fly it.  

It really depends on the price difference.

• Like 1

Hey Bill (@leyrerwa) , when buying anything used, there's a buyer-beware component to that, but based on what I've seen in the market the last 12-18 months, there are definitely models out there that would qualify as like new or slightly used that are good deals and something I'd feel comfortable piloting.

Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, and eBay are big sources of local deals. 

But again, buyer-beware. Make sure to ask a ton of questions and trust your gut.

Happy to help you evaluate any deal you come across. Keep us posted.

• Like 1

Greetings Guy's,

Thank you for your input.

I have enthusiastically and open-mindedly looked at every review I could find on the P4P in video and written word both pro and con.

Like any topic/subject one investigates there will be likers and haters, risk-takers and the cautious.

That's why both vanilla and chocolate ice creams have survived so long, I suppose.

It appears there is a consistency in the pricing for the standard P4P package with both new and use (no extras) being separated by 300-400 dollars.

Of course, once extras and accessories come into play (batteries, backpacks, filter, etc.) it can get pretty crazy.

Again, thank you for your input. I'm hoping to make a purchase over the next couple of days be it new or from the secondary market.

You're Awesome!

Clear Skies,

Bill L. in Okla.

Bill-

Keep us posted- I'm in the same boat as you.  Would love to get a DJI - something I can trust more than the ones I have built.  They are so darn expensive for the average Joe though.

John

• Like 1

If it is a good price and everything works, get it. The repair on them is always reasonable if something goes wrong so a used one that is working when you get it is a good value. Just get the batteries with it as they cost bucks

• Like 1

Greetings,

Indeed it seems that there is little difference in the average pricing of DJI camera drones new or used; both being costly.

However, every once in a while something pops up if you wait long enough and put a bit of faith in people.

I did manage to pick up a P4 Pro on the used market with a few accessories (extra props, prop guards, multi-port charger, battery, ND filter set, backpack).

In this case used equals 4 weeks old. Photos provided by the seller justified the time frame.

According to the seller he purchased the P4 Pro and within a few weeks got a "killer deal on an Inspire" and went for it.

Thus, the P4 Pro went on the market. Now, it's mine!

Should arrive early next week and then I'll determine if my "faith in people" is also justified. 9_9

The secondary market always comes with that period where you just hold your breath and hope for the best.

Thanks again to everyone for their input.

Clear Skies,

Bill L. in Okla.