Av8Chuck

Xponential - AUVSI Denver

We’ve tested the individual components but not the completed drone so we don’t have the all the specs yet.  We decided to hold off comprehensive flight testing until after the trade show. 

Here’s what we know:

1. empty weight 28 pounds. 
  2. Power is a 12S system
  3. Generator produces up to 4000 watts 
  4. Its driven by 70cc fuel injected engine
  5. its electric start and can be started in flight 
  6. the drone consumes approximately 2200 watts of power at hover without payload
  7. The motors are 110KV with 27.5” props 
  8. Its much quieter than the previous  version 

Here’s what we think:

1. max payload with full fuel at 50% throttle should be 10 pounds
  2. it should fly with an AUW of 43-47 pounds for about 2.5 hours, at the moment we’re just saying 43 @ 2+ hours 
  3. It will have comprehensive telemetry integrated with the flight controller telemetry
  4. the people at Pegusus, the company that developed the generator really know what they’re doing.  So far the generator has performed as advertised and there’s no reason to expect the the improvements their making won’t not to meet the desired performance 

This drone may not look as “sexy” or “finished” as some other drones, but as far as we know it’s one of the few hybrid electric/gas drones that can lift enough to be useful for a reasonable amount of time safely.  

Once we have some flight time on it and we lock down the design we’ll start replacing parts manufactured with lighter materials and can probably shed a pound or two.  We might also add a skin to make it more weather resistance.  

• Like 1

Hey @Av8Chuck, not organizing a breakfast this time, but happy to buy you a beer :)

My cell is (617) 331-2426...please text me. I'll be running around the halls trying to catch up with people. Only there on Monday and Tuesday and look forward to meeting you if you have some time.

11 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

This drone may not look as “sexy” or “finished” as some other drones, but as far as we know it’s one of the few hybrid electric/gas drones that can lift enough to be useful for a reasonable amount of time safely.  

So rad. Can't wait to meet her :)

Thanks @Steve Bennett, I’ll be sure to post it here. I don’t think it returns from the show until Thursday so title probably be the following week before we get back to testing.  

• Like 1