Alan Perlman

Good Seeing You All at AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2018

Had a great time in Denver earlier this week. Could only stay for a short time but had a chance to sit in on the keynotes (wow) and to explore the XPO hall (double wow).

Great to finally meet @Av8Chuck and @Steve Bennett in person! Chuck—I still owe you a beer. Sorry we missed you, @ScottF but hope you had a good show. Got to see a lot of Drone Pilot Ground School students and community members, industry folks and met a whole slew of new friends.

IMG_5782.thumb.JPG.9ed3179eb6f74133e079e81c151040f2.JPG

(Steve on the left...me in the middle...Chuck on the right)

Here are some big announcements from the show:

https://uavcoach.com/auvsi-xponential-2018/

...perhaps for another thread, but anyone had a chance to read PrecisionHawk's BVLOS research yet?

Alan

• Like 3

Hey @Alan Perlman - great meeting you and Chuck! What a great event, still sorting through all the photos from the exhibit floor, will try and post more later. I missed getting to talk to the precisoin hawks guys on ABVLOS...

• Like 1

Here are a few highlights from the show floor. 

Clockwise from upper left descriptions for all 3 images. 

Image 1:

firefly6 (VTOL and glide flight); Intel mini drone used at Super Bowl halftime and Winter Olympics shows; this orange and black drone has actuated pincher claws; I want that orange jet drone!

image 2:

Yes. Yes NASA had a booth there discussing their R&D into UTM; global aerospace had collected crashed drones (mostly DJIs) to convince you to get insurance; wireless induction drone that recharges mid-air; SenseFLY albris up close and in person.

image 3:

drones for the movie industry (films such as 007 use these); those scary robot dogs were there; Skycopter and their spherical caged inspection drone; DJI Matrice 210 (got to see this thing fly in the rain outside).

7DFC21D0-F489-42EE-8A28-56943AAD9973.jpg

20D24D87-6FA6-4F42-86E9-92F5269B7539.jpg

0CD94226-9231-4561-91EE-C2CB285A07EE.jpg

WAIT. Where were the scary robot dogs?

Those things seriously freak me out. PARTICULARLY after watching the most recent season of Black Mirror.

• Like 1