Jitesh

Quadcopter

What will be the RPM of a quadcopter motor and size of each blade to lift a quadcopter of 100 kilograms?

2 hours ago, Jitesh said:

What will be the RPM of a quadcopter motor and size of each blade to lift a quadcopter of 100 kilograms?

Really 100 kilograms ?.

Assuming that is the MTOW (Maximum Takeoff weight) then its my understand that we need to find a motor prop combination that generates 100 kg of thrust at 50% throttle. I think this will require more than 4 motors so more likely an octocopter than a quadcopter. I would start looking at this site as they have very detailed specifications for their various motors.

http://store-en.tmotor.com

Are you planning on actually building this or is it just an academic exercise ? In the USA you will need a waiver from the FAA to fly a craft that weighs over 25 kg.

Edited by Spitfire76

Hi

I'm from india. I really want to make it.

Reality is, I want to build a hover with the principal of quadcopter or it can be octocopter.

If it is quadcopter then each blade have to produce 25 kg down force or if it octocopter then it have to produce 12.5 kg by each blade and motor set.

I need the RPM and dimensions of every set of motor and blade to lift the octocopter or quadcopter?

Your probably looking at something like 56” props and about 90KV on at least 12S.  

Thats just a wild-ass guess on my part looking at drones that can already do this.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 9:32 PM, Jitesh said:

I need the RPM and dimensions of every set of motor and blade to lift the octocopter or quadcopter?

With 40 inch props these motors claim to generate over 15kg of thrust at 60% throttle and 35 kg at 100%.

https://www.getfpv.com/tiger-motor-u15-pro-80kv-u-power-professional-motor.html

Edited by Spitfire76

On 5/11/2018 at 2:51 PM, Eric Morgan said:

yeah right haha

i hope the drone's weight won't change its stability.