Compass Calibration

This question is for my Mavic pro, P3P and Inspire 1.  After I have done the calibration dance and later move to a new site what distance is that calibration good for before recalibrating? 1 mile, 5 miles, 10 miles?

Thanks

Dave

Edited by Trainguy

The need to recalibrate has to do with many things, one of them is magnetic declination. If there are no other issues we routinely travel up to 400 miles without calibrating.  Most of that distance is north to south. 

For one job we traveled from California to Coasta RICO for three weeks and never did a compass calibration.  

3 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

The need to recalibrate has to do with many things, one of them is magnetic declination.

Magnetic declination could be set automatically by performing a lookup based on the GPS location. This is the way it works with Autopilot and would have thought DJI would have done the same but maybe not.

11 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

The need to recalibrate has to do with many things, one of them is magnetic declination. If there are no other issues we routinely travel up to 400 miles without calibrating.  Most of that distance is north to south

For one job we traveled from California to Coasta RICO for three weeks and never did a compass calibration.  

Thanks; 100 miles would cover the area I usually fly in so this will save me lots of 'dance' time;    Dave