Janus

A formal introduction...

Hello to all within the community.

My name is Janus van Zyl, I am a 36 year old male, complete drone fanatic, from South Africa and I am currently in the process of doing my ppl exams, in order to have a greater knowledge of flying theory, with the intent to design, expand the implementation of and fly UAV’s commercially. I am actually currently busy with the construction of one of my designs, which if it performs the way that I planned, will be implemented as a fire fighting spotter drone that guides the bomber pilots to safely dump their water payloads. It will implement 4 powerfull 70 mn ducted fans in order to reach very high speeds, run on hydrogen fuel cells for extended flight time and will be able to fly in quad mode for surveiling the area where a fire/s have started and also a fixed wing mode for faster flying. An fpv system with VR goggles is a must have for this system that is capeble of head movement camera gimble control as not to have to worry about switching between controllers. I include a pre built disign pic. 

So that is the long and short of me,

looking forward to a long and fruitful membership.

JvZ?

1A111A16-5F62-48F1-A7C7-181FA5DAE7D0.jpeg

• Like 1

Always nice to have folks on this forum that like to design and build their own UAVs. Welcome to this forum.

Richard, Northern California.

• Like 1

Hello Luke 

Im doing a 50 mm ducted fan to experiment with thrust vs weight ratio and running it on lipo cells before going over to the more expensive big boy toys.   The 50 mm is just a little under 2 m total wingspan. If it runs well I will up the size and keep you guys up to date with the progress, so ?

I would also like to eventually design a drone for the sole purpose of arming it with all kinds of goodies like teargass and traquilizer darts, for security personel who get in the line of fire and die more often than would be necessary if they had propper drone skills and training. A perfect practical solution to a crime problem that is currently an epidemic in S.A. 

JvZ?

• Like 1