Belzebuth

First buy - Phantom 4 Advanced or 4 pro v2.0

Hi,

I need a drone for 2d mapping and measurement. From what I read specwise, the Phantom 4 pro v2.0 should be the best, but at this time there is now available mapping app, even the DJI GS Pro isn't. 

So here is the question, should I go for the P4Advanced, or wait a bit for app compatibility with the P4Pv2 ?

Thanks for your advices !

You’ll be waiting for a long time for compatibility with DJI products.  Buy what you need, when you need it for the opportunities you have.  

Thanks for you answer. 

I was looking for the 4 pro, but it was not available anymore on the DJI store, and the 4 Advanced despite his price cannot replace the 4 pro. 

But I found the 4 pro on Amazon, so I'm going with it.

Just stay away from the Pro+ V2.0, or any DJI products with Crystal Sky monitors.  I am new to this so of course I bought all the "new" DJI had to offer and let me see.  The Phantom Pro+ (Occusync) with the built in monitor crashes when you try to use any third party flight planing apps.  Therefore you CANNOT fly an autonomous route for mapping with the V2.0.

Step up to the M210 with Cendence and Crystal Sky.  Sometimes Precision Flight works, sometimes it doesn't.  Very disappointing.  I am currently trying to scrap the DJI monitors and use the Ipad Mini4.  Will know more in a few days. 

I strongly recommend that you do NOT get the Advanced, as you will not be able to load other apps, thus will be very limited. Best to buy your own tablet and try a few apps to find the one you like best. There are actually several mapping apps, but the one I find offers the most functionality is UgCS, which you can get at https://www.ugcs.com/.

3 hours ago, Nadine said:

I strongly recommend that you do NOT get the Advanced, as you will not be able to load other apps, thus will be very limited. Best to buy your own tablet and try a few apps to find the one you like best. There are actually several mapping apps, but the one I find offers the most functionality is UgCS, which you can get at https://www.ugcs.com/.

The p4p and p4a are both available without the built in screen/tablet (the non-plus model).

The p4a (non +) is the same as the p4p regarding apps.

I made the mistake of getting a P4P+ v2.0 with the Crystalsky remote. Now I can not fly ortho mapping missions in Dronedeploy or Pix4d. 

What's the best work around? Different remote?

Edited by CWWard

Get a different UAV.

Purchase or build a drone that uses a flight controller based on Ardupilot and use Mission Planner.  More difficult to learn but it enables you to do anything you need to accomplish whatever your mission is.  

Using DJI professionally is like a professional photographer using a cell phone camera.  I’m sure someone somewhere will argue the cell phone meets all the requirements but then all the customer needs is a selfie stick..