Zacc Dukowitz

On Demand Drone Insurance from SkyWatch.AI for As Little As $5/Hour

Looking for drone insurance?

Last week I wrote about a new on demand drone insurance company called SkyWatch.AI—using  a unique combination of factors, they're allowing drone pilots to get inexpensive, on demand insurance for their drone operations.

Three main factors allow SkyWatch.AI to offer inexpensive insurance to drone pilots:

• Algorithms based on A.I. analyze the potential risks for a given mission by weighing factors like weather conditions, proximity of roads, airports, and crowds.
  • SkyWatch.AI's unique Safety Score, which rates a pilot's safety based on missions they've flown, assesses a pilot's safety and helps drive down potential costs (assuming their score is high!).
  • And SkyWatch.AI's Insurance Experience rating—which is simply how much time a pilot has had insurance—also helps drive down the cost.

The SkyWatch.AI app is compatible with DJI drones, helps pilots plan missions and identify hazards while in flight, and has an integration with DroneDeploy that lets you pull in flight logs for insurance discounts, and they provide up to $10M in liability coverage.

If you'd like to try it out, you can download the app here. Let me know if you give it a try—we'd love to hear about your experience! 

Trying to decide if you need drone insurance? Check out our step-by-step guide to drone insurance here.

• Like 1