Isabella | UAV Coach

Score a Free Ticket to the Largest Commercial Drone Show in America

THIS CONTEST CLOSED 8/7/2018.

WINNERS: Kim Reynolds - @Kim Reynolds ; Martin Lombardini - @Martin Lombardini

Thank you to all those who participated in the UAV Coach Giveaway. Entrance to this giveaway has been closed. 

UAV Coach is giving away two passes to InterDrone, the largest commercial drone event in America! At this conference, the winner will get to connect with other drone pilots, service providers, UAS engineers and developers, UAV manufacturers, videographers and enterprise UAV end-users at the largest, commercially-dedicated show. The winner will also have an opportunity to meet with members of the UAV Coach staff attending the conference. 

The conference takes place September 5-7, 2018 at Rio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. 

Prize

Two winners will be selected to receive a 3-day full conference passport, valued at $800.

How to Enter

To enter, tell us why you want to attend InterDrone 2018 in up to 300 words by replying to this post. Scroll to the bottom of this post and enter your reply by August 7, 2018, 12:00AM for a chance to win one of two tickets to InterDrone 2018. 

Sweepstakes Details

Contest Opened: July 24, 2018, 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Contest Closed: August 7, 2018, 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Prize: 3-DAY FULL CONFERENCE PASSPORT

• Admission to all classes and panels on September 5, 6 and 7
  • Admission to all keynotes and panels
  • Admission to Exhibit Hall on September 5, 6 and 7
  • Admission to all special events, including the Networking Reception, Enterprise After Hours and InterDrone After Hours
  • Coffee breaks where indicated

Winners: Two (2)

InterDrone boasts the most comprehensive conference program along with drone courses and special events, including the Women in Drones Luncheon – which InterDrone spearheaded into an industry-acclaimed event, as well as After Hours and meetups, designed for networking and keeping you up to date on the latest in drone news and the industry.

Over 160+ drone manufacturers, sellers and solution providers set to fill the expo floor at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas. Explore every booth to connect directly with others in the commercial drone industry from pilots and engineers to service providers and manufacturers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last fall I took on the opportunity to develop a UAV program within the civil department of my company. I chose to use Drone Pilot Ground School as a teaching aid in guiding me through and studying for the part 107 exam. After successfully passing the exam with the help and great courses put on by Alan, I moved forward with a business plan and finding vendors for our company to utilize. Fast forward to now, we are receiving our DJI Matrice 210 this week and are excited to get started in implementing this program into the company. Being able to attend this conference would greatly help further my knowledge within the UAV community and help push this program ahead with success. It would be great to make connections with some of the professionals that are leading this movement within the civil infrastructure industry and learn how I can impact our business here in the northeast. A trip out to this conference would be a new experience for myself and I can’t imagine a better opportunity to be a sponge for learning techniques practiced by professionals in our industry. Thank you. Ryan?

On 7/24/2018 at 9:49 AM, Isabella | UAV Coach said:

The Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all humans age 21 or older at time of entry

Bummer.  Depending on your definition of human I might not qualify...

• Haha 2

I have been an avid follower of UAV Coach and have found the information presented each week to be both interesting and informative. I would love to have an opportunity to attend InterDrone in Las Vegas this year! Count me in... 

I have been working on changing my career for the last two years. I created a small website prodronework.com and i am working on my part 107 as i write this. I believe the UAV field is boundless and with so many ways to create work i hope to be able to find my piece of the pie.

I have done a ton of research and i have been a rc hobbyist all my life.

I bought a Yunecc typhoon H when i first started and it was stolen out of my truck not long after. It took me 6mth to be able to buy my next drone which is an Inspire 1 v2 and have put almost 100 hr of flight time on it .I believe winning this contest and going would be the best chance for me to break into this great new world OF UAV's, This is why I believe this would be my chance of a lifetime.

Edited by Cweems1964

I'm a relatively new pilot, using my drone for non-commercial photography and videography.  I've been wanting to branch out and try new things, and attending Interdrone would give me exposure to the myriad of applications in the commercial drone space, and let me connect to others who are very intrigued by this space!

Although I am not a full-time drone pilot it is certainly an avenue that I want to walk more and more. This Drone Conference seems to be an incredible opportunity to network and reaffirm my desires to get more involved in this field. So far I have flown my Mavic Pro in six different countries and have created a YouTube channel to share some of the best footage I have gotten, that plus a couple of commercial flights, but still consider myself a novice. I think this conference could be a trampoline to my incipient drone pilot career.

InterDrone is something all drone pilots wish to attend. Unfortunately, traveling and the cost of tickets are out of reach for most people. I'm a Florida resident, founder of Drones Unlimited. I was hoping to go this year but the traveling expense plus the cost of admission was a bit higher than I anticipated. My goal in the near future is to create more jobs for drone pilots. InterDrone would be a great way for me to get a better glimpse of what the future holds for the “drone” industry. If I were to win these tickets, I’d have to see a doctor to fix my face from smiling too hard.. But I wouldn’t press charges! I hope with the “InterDrone experience” I could pass on some knowledge and grow my drone business so other pilots could benefit. A Youtube video of my experience would help other pilots get an understanding as well. I believe if you choose me, It would be beneficial on many levels! Thanks for your consideration!

-Bryan @ Drones Unlimited

I have recently acquired my certification thanks to Alan and UAV Coache's Ground School. I am building a business. I have a license, a website under construction, a Mavic Pro Platinum, Phantom 4 Pro, Mac Pro, new desk...and i have been practicing?...But, I feel like I'm stuck in a fishbowl looking out at the drone industry!

I want to develop a company that will provide TRUE SERVICE. While sharing the news of my new business, people's first thought was that I either wanted to be a spy or advertise real estate and wedding photography. There are so many emerging trends for drones, and I want to immerse myself into them all. I want to learn more about thermal imagery, best software. Firmware, apps, equipment, techniques, and how to make MY BUSNESS HAPPEN!. I feel that attending InterDrone will give me the opportunity to shatter the fishbowl!

I'm a "Newbie" to drones, an ultimate beginner.  I started noticing a truck around town that advertised aerial wedding photography, which increased my interest. I didnt know what aerial photography was, hell, I thought a drone was a cheap kids toy. Then a friend of mine sent a movie he had shot with his drone, he said the video was for a realtor, damn I was blowing away. The light bulb went in off in my head, this could be a new career for me. I look at the opportunity presented by being able to the attend the conference as a great learning tool and experience. A chance to network with successful people with drones. That's what I want to be, a successful person with a drone.

I'd like to go to InterDrone to be able to learn from the best of the best in the industry, see what's next for new technology in person rather than just read about it.  Collect as much information as I possibly can to help grow my startup drone business into a successful full time venture.

InterDrone is actually a special one in my heart as I continue my UAV journey. I fly for both part of my day job, as a commercial renewable energy developer performing aerial surveys, 3D mapping and high quality photography as well as a photographer on the side as part of my Vermont based company, The Life Aeronautic. Last year I was able to add on an Expo Hall only pass to a trip out west for a solar conference, and while great to see all the products I was unable to take advantage of the classes and seminars to really push the envelope on my UAV skills and works towards furthering my career in this fast moving industry. Thank you for considering my entry and #LetsFly! ?

This sounds amazing! I’ve never been to a conference like this before. This is a great opportunity to develop my UAS knowledge base and create lasting connections. I think everyone should have an opportunity like this so I would totally vlog this trip so everyone could come with me! 

I would like to attend the InterDrone conference as part of my continual professional development and move from a professional educator to a full-time, professional drone pilot. I have my 107 and have been working with my husband for the past year to develop the skills needed to start our own company, Sunrise Aerial Imaging LLC. As a teacher, a life long pursuer of knowledge in all things tech, and a huge advocate for girls and women in STEM, this would also be a great opportunity for me to expand my knowledge so that I can share it with other women interested in pursuing a career that utilizes drones as a tool.

I've been working in computer science over 10 years for a number of big companies you all love and know. My most current venture on the side is working with development and drone SDK from companies like DJI. I typically think of the physical drone as a secondary to the actual software. While the software is very complexed the ability to manipulate it to our currents needs is fun and invgeratting to me. Plus it open the doors to how we can now development the physical drones of tomorrow. I would like a chance to go to this venue and see what other companies are doing with there physical drones as well as the software code behind them.  Thanks for running this giveaway.

I want to incorporate drone remote sensing into the natural resources and wildland fire work I have been doing for the past 10 years. I see great potential to increase efficiency, cut costs, and save lives. Unfortunately, finances have been a limiting factor in my hands on UAS experience. I am applying to graduate schools for Remote Sensing for the Fall 2019 term, and attending InterDrone would introduce me to the advances in UAS technology and help me develop my project proposal by taking me from the sidelines to the heart of the industry. I've witnessed aircraft shortages first hand on many wildfires, and I want my graduate project to focus on integrating UAS more readily into the wildland firefighter's toolkit to alleviate that, and developing a flow to create useful information products on compressed timelines in remote areas for rapidly evolving situations. Thank you.

Edited by Rgugs

My wife and I are starting up a business in the drone industry and are continually learning . We have our 107 licenses and have been working towards this goal for the last year. After spending 20+ years in the finance and technology industry.  Attending interdrone would help with networking and learning from others in the drone industry as well.  Attending infromational and learning sessions will help in honing my skills as a pilot and owner.  There are so many opportunities and so much to learn that attending would be a great jump start to acheiving my goal and our goal of being a small business owner and operator in and exciting field. 

Hello, very interested in attending this years InterDrone conference. I have just recently gone through drone training for my department and am in in the process of starting up a UAS program to assist with information gathering and assist our community.  I believe the InterDrone conference would be a great resource in obtaining knowledge on new  UAS inovations that in turn could be utilized in the department UAS program. 

Thank you

My son and I and I are starting a new drone photography business in the Phoenix area, initially focusing on the real estate market which I’ve been in for over thirty years. I would like to register for the two free tickets to the Las Vegas convention in September. Thanks.

Steve

I would love to go to this conference.   I went in 2017 and learned SO much.   Its a great way to network with fellow drone pilots.   And to take your drone photography to a new level.   Can I go again?   Please? 

Hi
I am Klaus from Austria and a member from UAV since more then 2 years.
I would like to go to Las Vegas to see all news and to make a report rtf my friends and drone pilots in Austria.
Also I will be informed about the latest rules about drone flying because the Austro Control is very strictly and not open to new ideas.
And I was in Las Vegas more then 20 years ago and I would like to come back to this unbelievable city.

Would love the opportunity to attend for the first time.  Look forward to attending the classes and panels like Night Flight Workshop and How TV News benefits from Drones.