Skydio

Roy Beasley

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was listening to this last night. I enjoyed Jason Calacanis' book, Angel and have been listening to a lot of his episodes recently. Skydio's hypothesis and approach are interesting. I wish I could snap my fingers to see where this is all going. Need some time to evaluate their technology to understand how much better it is than what's out there / where I think it could be used outside of rock climbing, snowboarding, etc. Given how bad GoPro is doing right now, I wouldn't want to mimic their model and market approach. Curious what other use cases emerge and how they'll continue to justify the high price point.

• 2 months later...

Hey @Spitfire76, your image / link doesn't seem to be loading.

Here's an article I was reading this morning: https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/30/skydios-self-flying-drone-can-now-track-down-cars/

Love the autonomous tech and future implications behind Skydio, but following people and cars? Not a compelling marketing strategy / positioning.

I'm a huge fan of their team and technology and hope they can find product / market fit. What's happening behind the scenes is quite remarkable compared to everything else on the market.

But in the meantime, the price point and use cases being shared aren't doing anything for me. Waiting for them to find traction and don't think it's going to be with consumers.

3 hours ago, Alan Perlman said:

Love the autonomous tech and future implications behind Skydio, but following people and cars? Not a compelling marketing strategy / positioning.

I agree and it takes the fun out of flying but like you I do admire their technology. Here is a repost of the link.

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...