Best cheap drone ONLY for fishing

hello everyone,

I am interested in drone fishing, and thats my only purpose, I am not camera savvy or into sight-seeing.

Only purpose for drone is to drop the bait in the sea, so if anyone can suggest cheap drone with good range I would appreciate it. I am not interested in bait drop atm.

I have already considered phantom 3 standard which has 1 KM range, if there are any drones in the market which can go the same distance I would be interested in it. I am from Australia

• Like 1

If you want any drone to last then in that environment then it has to be waterproof so that you can rinse it off with fresh water after every flight.  Salt water/air is very corrosive and DJI drones don’t last.  

Heres a drone that’s setup exactly for what you want to do.  We just used it in a test and it worked very well.  

https://www.swellpro.com/waterproof-splash-drone-3-auto.html

• Like 1

It’s similar in price to a phantom.  

If your going to be flying over the ocean you have to count on the drone getting wet.  You get a phantom wet once with salt water and it’s over.  So even if the Splash drone is a bit more expensive it’s cheap insurance. 

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Khalid Bin Malik, which drone did you end up buying and how did it work out...?

I know of person using the DJI Phantom 3 and he has had very good service with it and no problems from the environment (water).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccyS8LbD4_c

• Like 1

These are dependable, modest robots which can endure a few shots (which let's face it, they will). The best thing about them is that you can purchase a great deal of extra parts for them, (for example, batteries, propellers and engines) and supplant them as you experience your learning period. When you get its hang, you'll feel significantly more certain and you'll most presumably need to leap to greater and better airplanes.

1:Hubsan H501A X4 Air
2:SIMREX X20 GPS Drone with 4K HD Camera 2-Axis Self stabilizing Gimbal 5G WiFi

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying a HOLY STONE HS700D as a drone to "learn" on since I have never flown a drone before.... Used it for the first time today, keeping it in GPS mode, and had fun learning... Battery flight time is just slightly less than 20 minutes, so I did not get a lot of practice in, but it is a start. Never came even close to crashing it, surprisingly, but I was careful... small steps at first.