Alan Perlman

UAV Coach received our 333 exemption!

It's been a long time coming, but we're happy to announce that we've received our FAA Section 333 exemption.

Our team patiently waited 6 months and 2 days for our Section 333 Exemption (and Blanket COA) from the FAA. We received it and are now cleared to operate commercially! Is it a perfect process? No. Is it the only door the FAA has given us to comply here in the US? Yep, sure is. While I’m proud to be one of 4000 companies who have successfully navigate this process, I’ll be even more proud when cleaner sUAS rules are put into place."

In case you're interested in the guidelines I need to follow to comply with the Exemption and COA requirements, attached are links to my approved paperwork.

Makalu-Ventures-LLC-15443.pdf

Approved UAS for Publication (3-4-2016).pdf

200 COA Effective 7-1-2015.pdf

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Alan Perlman said:

It's been a long time coming, but we're happy to announce that we've received our FAA Section 333 exemption.

Our team patiently waited 6 months and 2 days for our Section 333 Exemption (and Blanket COA) from the FAA. We received it and are now cleared to operate commercially! Is it a perfect process? No. Is it the only door the FAA has given us to comply here in the US? Yep, sure is. While I’m proud to be one of 4000 companies who have successfully navigate this process, I’ll be even more proud when cleaner sUAS rules are put into place."

In case you're interested in the guidelines I need to follow to comply with the Exemption and COA requirements, attached are links to my approved paperwork.

Makalu-Ventures-LLC-15443.pdf

Approved UAS for Publication (3-4-2016).pdf

200 COA Effective 7-1-2015.pdf

Congratulations

• Like 1

That's awesome Alan.  I didn't know you had a pilot's license. Great job Couple questions...how did you apply and get approved of the COA when you just got approved for the FAA 333 exemption?  Don't you need the exemption first?  Also, when filing, I put my name under the exemption application.  I am planning to start a business...but it would only be me who is piloting and running the business.  Do I need to file an amendment under my name?  Since I'm the only person flying and the exemption is under my name, is there a difference?

Marc

Edited by mconcialdi

Hi @mconcialdi, thanks!

I do NOT currently have a traditional manned aircraft license. It's not required to receive the exemption, just to serve as the pilot-in-command under one. I do not plan to be the pilot-in-command right now.

The blanket COA comes with the exemption. No extra paperwork required.

You can file an amendment if you'd like, but it's not necessary. Plenty of businesses are operating with 333 exemptions that are attached to an individual.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I'm not, but I may choose to build out a team of licensed pilots who don't want to go through the exemption process themselves but still want to operate commercially. They could fly under my exemption and start getting paid immediately.

Alan, congrats on getting the 333!!! With the new COA changes to 400 ft for commercial operators, is the FAA going to be sending everyone new paperwork for the new blanket COA? 

On 3/31/2016 at 0:47 AM, Orangutan39 said:

Alan, congrats on getting the 333!!! With the new COA changes to 400 ft for commercial operators, is the FAA going to be sending everyone new paperwork for the new blanket COA? 

Unclear if you'll be getting new paperwork in the mail. I'd call your local FSDO and ask. Waiting to hear back from mine :)

Congrats Alan,

I'm new to the forum and about to start an aerial photography/video business.  I will be forming an LLC and then apply for the 333 Exemption. Is there a standard example I can follow when submitting it or did you hire someone to navigate the waters?

Thank you for your time!

Robin

On 4/5/2016 at 4:24 PM, RH1966 said:

Congrats Alan,

I'm new to the forum and about to start an aerial photography/video business.  I will be forming an LLC and then apply for the 333 Exemption. Is there a standard example I can follow when submitting it or did you hire someone to navigate the waters?

Thank you for your time!

Robin

Thanks, Robin! I hired a professional to handle mine. Happy to chat about it if you'd like! I saw that you sent me a private message, so I'll respond there as well.

Big congrats Alan!  Major milestone, welcome to the 333 exemption club! (I'm not there myself--working in other ways to help advance the commercial drone industry).

Brett Hoffstadt, PMP

www.engineeryourinnovation.com

• Like 1

Congrats @Alan Perlman. I'll be emailing you in the next couple of weeks to see what exactly the details are for working under your exemption. I just had my petition published on the FAA website a few days ago, so I'm slowly getting there.

Edited by Txpilot
  • Like 1