Thoughts on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom?

On 8/21/2018 at 8:02 AM, Alan Perlman said:

Interesting idea — I'd love to see modular camera / gimbal systems for the Phantom body like we have with the Inspire 1.

Well it was all about Mavic 2s today, no Phantom or Inspire updates. Maybe now they will be some Mavic 1s for sale as a good price!

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 1
On 8/26/2018 at 2:46 PM, Cyclops55 said:

Mavic 2 is impressive, but other Twitter feeds are complaining about its only 4K 30fps and not 60fps.

Thats probably why people shouldn't take the advice coming from Twitter seriously.  Its a "mine is bigger than yours" kind of thing.  The majority of productions shot on 4K are delivered HD and there's not meaningful place to distribute  60Hz anything let alone 4K.

I'm guessing the majority of the tweeters complaining about this live in their grandmothers basement... 

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

Did you receive it yet?

I did! Been flying it a couple days now, and I'm decently impressed. I can't really give it a fair image quality review until I have some ND filters, which are set to be here early October.  

With that said, this thing flies way smoother than my P4C.  Stability is also much improved over that platform, handles wind like a champ. I love that the forward arms clear the camera enough to keep the props out of view.