lefant

As a beginner, what are the main factors for your to consider to buy a drone?

I am a beginner. I want to know what you guys are considering for a drone beginner.

The first one for me  will consider the price, function, appearance, etc.  and you?

Hi @lefant

Two common pieces of advice I've read for beginners deciding which drone to buy include: 

1. If you're new to flying, purchase a cheap drone to practice on. It would be unfortunate to buy an expensive drone just to crash it by accident. Check out our guide: "Cheap Drones for Beginners."

2. Determine what you want to use the drone for before purchasing. Drones can be used for many different things, and certain drones may cater to your desired use more than others. Researching what drone is most popular in your field (whether it's real estate marketing, construction, agriculture, or something else) will help you get a feel for the types of drone you should buy. Many beginners make the mistake of buying just any drone to later find out there are drones with features better suited to their needs. 

This helpful video also offers 200 tips for beginner quadcopter pilots. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 1:40 AM, lefant said:

I am a beginner. I want to know what you guys are considering for a drone beginner.

The first one for me  will consider the price, function, appearance, etc.  and you?

Amazon has lots of good beginner drones. You can also look at hobbypartz. Like @Isabella | UAV Coach said, Buy a cheap drone to practice on. Once you're comfortable with it, upgrade to a better drone.

If It's you're first drone, I wouldn't spend more than 100$ on it. I crashed and destroyed three drones while I learned to fly them. Thankfully I only spent 80-120$ on them. The last one I got failed on it own after two months of flying, then I bought a Typhoon H.

Just be careful not to rush you're self while learning. Spend a few weeks or months ! flying them until you buy one that cost anymore than 500$ Nothing is more sad than crashing you're brand new expensive drone that you just bought.

Hope that helps and good luck !

• Thanks 1

I'm also considering about some tracker cause from the experience, where the built in gps tracker is kind of not accurate.

thank you guys,thanks for your help。it is interesting with drone,and i control it flying,up and down!hha。you guys are professional,thanks again

• Like 1

If you need any further help just ask?.

18 hours ago, lefant said:

thank you guys,thanks for your help。it is interesting with drone,and i control it flying,up and down!hha。you guys are professional,thanks again