Sign in to follow this  
Isabella | UAV Coach

DJI Phantom 5 Launch?

Images uploaded by a Twitter user are sparking rumors of a Phantom 5 holiday launch, but is the speculation baseless?

DJI has issued a statement saying the photos are of a one-off, customized Phantom 4 Pro, but not everyone's buying that story. With the upcoming "Because Life is Big" event, DJI fans are highly anticipating a new product reveal. See the photos and get the details in our latest article: "DJI Phantom 5 Speculation and Leaked Photos Circulate the Web as Holidays Approach."

Dates of a possible Phantom 5 release remain up for speculation. However, DJI does have a big announcement planned for November 28th at an upcoming press event in New York. The event is titled “Because Life is Big.” The graphics used to promote the event feature what looks like a zoom lens and an outer space environment.

Some have speculated that if the upcoming “Because Life is Big” event isn’t for a Phantom 5 release, DJI may announce a new AR/VR related product, such as goggles, instead. What do you think DJI has planned for the “Because Life is Big” event? What features would you like to see in a Phantom 5? Sound off in the comments. 

very interesting topic. If it is real, I look forward to see what people have to say about it. I'm also very interested in what the specs are going to be. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping it is a P5. The drone industry has been obsessed with foldable drones (which make sense to tap a larger consumer market base) but it needs to get back to catering to the professionals!