Brutus27G

Shadowing A Certified Pilot

My name is Wayne, I am currently a student at New England Institute of Technology.  One of my classes is a prep class for taking the 107 Certification test.  As a part of the class we are required to shadow a 107 pilot during a commercial flight, observe all aspects of the flight and if allowed take video.  We then have to present it to the class.  I've been trying to find someone to shadow for a few weeks and just came across this site today.  I was wondering if there was anyone who might be willing to allow me to shadow them at some point over the next couple of weeks.  

Hello Brutus!  I wish I was closer to you in New England because I would absolutely welcome you to shadow all of my flight operations for the timeframes you outlined. If you are interested in taking a "road trip" to the Morehead City/Beaufort, NC area, I'm happy to partner with you on this project. FYI - I'm also a personal flight instructor for UAV Coach and a brand ambassador for Women Who Drone. I approach my role as a drone pilot seriously and would love to help anyone aspiring to become a certified drone pilot!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Sailing community does this to get crews to move sailboats from one port to another. They set up a website to get crews together. It worked out so well the crew members now pay to make the trips. There is now an App to get crews together. 

Wouldn't be a bad idea to get crews together to act as safety observers during flights. In fact, this may become required in the future.