Hello all. My name is Carrie. I am a photographer looking to expand my horizons with drones. I currently purchased the Incredible Yuneec Tornado H920 plus. My husband and I are just getting started and we can hardly find videos in English on this Model. We know it's an awesome machine, but we want to learn more about it's maneuverability and what it can do. I currently am doing Real Estate Photo inspections but we are not limiting our business to just that. Anyhow. Any tips or advise would be Greatly appreciated. Thanks all . 

Hi @Carebear1968 and welcome to the forum.  Where are you located?  

All multirotors pretty much fly the same.  They name similar features differently, DJI calls a flight mode “ATTI” while others call it “stabilize,” they all have more or less the same features. You need to learn where and what all the knobs and switches do, you can get that information from the owners manual, you’ll find that most of that has to do with camera and gimbal control, but regarding primary flight control they are all the same, so any flight training video would be applicable.  

The learning can be broken down into three main categories:

1. Primary flight - Controls related to flight
  2. Telemetry - Status information
  3. Accessories - Controls related to camera and gimbal etc.  

If you don’t do number one right it’s going to cost you money, if you don’t understand number two it can be unsafe, hopefully the worst thing that happens if your not good at number three is you get bad shots, however, it’s easy to get distracted by number three and you forget number one and it costs you money...

Number one is general to all drones so there will be a lot of videos that you can watch that will be applicable to your drone.  Most drones provide number two and it’s just a case of learning where on the display each parameter is.  Number three is drone specific, this is t a really popular drone so finding videos with this specific detail might be difficult.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2018 at 7:46 AM, Carebear1968 said:

Hello all. My name is Carrie. I am a photographer looking to expand my horizons with drones. I currently purchased the Incredible Yuneec Tornado H920 plus. My husband and I are just getting started and we can hardly find videos in English on this Model. We know it's an awesome machine, but we want to learn more about it's maneuverability and what it can do. I currently am doing Real Estate Photo inspections but we are not limiting our business to just that. Anyhow. Any tips or advise would be Greatly appreciated. Thanks all . 

Hello. Nice to see another fellow YUNEEC pilot here. I have the Typhoon H. I'm on another forum that talks just about YUNEEC drones, there's tons of helpful people there. This link will take you to the website, just scroll down until you see the tornado forum section.

http://www.yuneecpilots.com/

Also, to echo what @Av8Chuck said, learning your drone is very important. Knowing what everything does and how it works is worth understanding. There's this guy I watch on youtube who does a great job on some how to videos on drone filming. I've found him very helpful. If you're new to drones, he has lots of tips and methods to get your footage to look its best.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9tnwOsaA7T29VuUCuXvr7g

Wishing you the best. If you have anymore questions, just ask. You can also PM me if you have any questions about YUNEEC drones or just ask on the forum.