Jojo

Hawaii allowed droneflying zones

Hi, Im planning to go to Hawaii, probably BigIsland and Kauai.

where can I find info on where I can fly.

Whats the weather like in Jan-Feb for flying? 

regards Johan

Hey Jojo, have you looked at AirMap as a place to start? It gives a pretty good indication of airports, national parks, etc, that you can't fly in and should show you some areas you could drive to that would be open. Check the app store for AirMap or swing by airmap.com and it'll link you to where you can get it if you don't already have it. 

On 12/8/2018 at 12:09 AM, Jojo said:

Hi, Im planning to go to Hawaii, probably BigIsland and Kauai.

where can I find info on where I can fly.

Whats the weather like in Jan-Feb for flying? 

regards Johan

Aloha Johan, My friends and I have been flying drones on the Hawaiian Islands for a few years now. The Islands offer incredible opportunities to capture those moments your looking for. There are many places you can fly UAV's that can be right on the giving tourist paths or you can challenge yourself and take the roads less traveled, either way you'll bag those  moments few ever get the chance to behold. The No-Fly zones on many apps here can be somewhat misleading when your not physically located at your desired launch point so give your self some latitude when your planning on a set location.

This is the winter months for the Islands and can be at times temperamental as far as extreme winds and drenching rains, so when were figuring a drone shot in our plans we map out different locations  around the islands the may not be affected by the same weather conditions. 

Up and Over!

Edited by 1goodrun
spelling

Hi guys! 

Thanks for the replies. :) 

Thanks for the tip on airmap. 

Im heading first to BigIsland. 

I hope to get some shots from the vulcanic moon landscape and also hope to get some coastal images. If you have any tips on locations for flying please let me know. Never been to Hawaii before. Looks amazing. 

I also thought about visiting Kauai if time is left. 

I also want to find jungle, coastal cliffs formations, caves so are open for any suggestion if you can recomend something.

Again , thanks for the replies earlier. 

Also what would a outdoor cloathing be like , shorts, t-shirt , hiker boots and raincoat ? :) 

cheers J 

Oh forgot to ask. Philip! 

The faa link you shared, what layers do represent drone flying and should be visible! 

Cheers Johan 

50F6E04E-CF45-467E-861F-102DC10E3F21.jpeg