Isabella | UAV Coach

DJI Releases Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual

The DJI Mavic 2 series continues to grow with the just-announced Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. 

The first edition of the enterprise drone was released in October earlier this year and has received an exciting payload upgrade—the smallest, dual-sensor, 4k and thermal microcamera from FLIR.

Starting today, Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is available for purchase through authorized DJI Enterprise resellers worldwide with a retail price of $2,699 USD. Learn more about features, specs, and pricing in "DJI Officially Announces Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual With Smallest 4K, Thermal Microcamera."

Interesting concept. But the FLIR camera will only be useful for roof and solar panel inspections if the drone is 6-8 feet from the surface that it is imaging. It has a  similar resolution to this hand-held unit: https://www.flir.com/products/e6-wifi/?creative=111741604345&keyword=&matchtype=&network=g&device=c&gclid=CjwKCAiA3vfgBRB9EiwAkfpd3KqxJIPenHE420rSU3eOvXwBN1wEw-ryopLqM5F2usOYq0IuVfubHhoCQqYQAvD_BwE which is for a person to hold and capture images of an area. It would be faster to use the new Mavic than walk around on a roof. 

If i purchased the dual machine could i find jobs within my community using thermal? You need a thermal zooming lens for powerline inspections? I'm just trying to see if its a wise investment...?

It is using the FLIR lepton that’s 160x120 but couples with the RGB I’m MSX it’s able to produce surprising a good images even in SAR applications. 

While it’s able to refined on 640 it’s never going to compare to the XT2 or Vue Models is that native resolution but it’s actially surprises many.  

One of the DJI Ent dealers has been posting tons of real world footage and its very usable in these scenarios, not going to say it’s the best tool but based on package size and cost it’s actually very capable.  

Here is one of them here