Craig S

Future of the home mailbox

If any company is interested.

As we all know, the job of the postal mail carrier will be replaced by drones in our lifetime, as will pilots.

I own the internet domain sites;

MailBoxDrone.com and MailBoxDrones.com

They are not sites, only domains to build a site around.

Please feel free to contact me if your business would benefit from either.

Both will be sold by the end of 2019.

Thank you

Craig S.

Edited by Craig S

On 12/21/2018 at 8:49 AM, Craig S said:

As we all know, the job of the postal mail carrier will be replaced by drones in

Stop drinking the Koolaide!  Postal carriers will NOT be replaced by drones in our lifetime and neither will pilots.  

Just because you see a driverless car doesn’t mean that it will supplant drivers.  Both planes and automobiles have made huge advances in the past century, the first flying car was sold almost 80 years ago and yet there is no market for flying cars.  

These are discontinuous innovations that require a complete change in the infrastructure that supports them and these changes take a very long time (if they happen at all).  

Chuck,

This was not meant to start a war, the comment was just to show how technology changes the American workforce. The company I own deals direct with USAF bases in California (March ARB)  which is an AMAZON hub,and in Nevada (Cheech AFB), so, in my conversations with pilots the drone subject is always moved into the forefront. And if AMAZON has anything to say about it,. a mailbox will be a drop zone.

This video concurs

Unfortunately. as  always, it's the almighty dollar that wins!

No war here,  just because a company like Amazon say this is what they think the future will be doesn’t make it so.  Have you heard of AirWare? And it appears that the video of the mail drops is using a 3DR IRIS, a quad that hasn’t been manufactured in two years.  Both 3DR and Airware lost more than $400M and have little to show for it.  So money doesn’t guarantee success.  

Curious what drones your using with the Airforce?