Precision Hawk/ Drone.io Question

Esteemed Colleagues, 

We're looking for some feedback from anyone using the Precision Hawk system for agriculture and general survey work. Anyone have any good/bad/other experiences with the company they'd be willing to share? Ditto with Drone.io; has anyone had any experiences with that? Would you mind sharing them and discussing the processes by which you become a part of that system?

I hope everyone is enjoying their new drones they got this year!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Ceres Aerial

Hello All,

I'm happy to share and do so based upon my personal experience with both entities...Please be mindful that my experience with said entiteis just may be an exception...

Presison Hawk in my opinion is only interested in raising investment money to acquire small potential startups to increase their product line and company size for an enventual buyout...

....While they do provide you with leads when their insurance clients need damage inspections, they allow and support a strict inflexible appointment schedule and have provided no (reply) communication to inquires re same when contacted...

....For example....I fly the Phoenix Valley and surrounding areas...I have contacted Presicion Hawk and relayed to them that it can be literally too dangerous to set an appointment after 9am during the months of June-Sept...

...I sent them proof that it can be 90 degrees at sunrise alone and an appt from 9am on can cause even the most climatized pilot to collapse from heat exhaustion, dehydration even sun stoke....or...try climbing on top of a roof that been baking in 115 degree temp for hours....use your imagination from there...

...Bottom line...I requested more than once that under such weather conditions the pilot should be able to re-schedule an appointment at a time that is convenient for all, so long as the inspection takes place within 48hrs of the claim report...I got no response...

...I am confident that so long as the insurance company remains a client of Presicion Hawk they will always be in control of the inspection schedule regardless of any potentioal weather dangers...their only goal is to satisfy the claiment's inspection ASAP after a major disaster...the pilot flys at their own risk...notwithstanding the fact that the rates are dreck...

...As for Droners.IO (hereinafter DRO)...I signed up Feb 2017 and after several attempts to win a bid I have only been contacted once and the client never followed thru...Here's my take away...

...The potentioal client in most cases knows nothing about the drone business and there is no tutorial for said client to help acquaint them with what we can or cannot do.... and it's clear as to why...If the potential client knew that we don't fly at night or over stadiums w/o waivers, or over vehicle and pedestrian traffic or freeways or when it's too cold, hot or windy or just won't violate Federal Regs in general at all, they would have no clients!...

...So....you waste time educating the potential client (via e-mail) as to what and how you can accomplish their mission safely and within FAA Regs, only to find out that they really don't care about any of it....

...All the potential client wants to hear is that you will capture the footage and/or stills they want, how they want, where they want, when they want at the price they want or get lost....they will eventually hire a starving or greedy rogue pilot that will not only undercut your rates but think nothing of breaking FAA Regs ...

....After I passed my recurrent 107 test on 12.5.18, DRO requested an update...I sent them the only document I was told there would be to prove I have passed said test and have a new experation date that is clearly visible and that there would be no ID update....they would not except said doc...even after I confirmed with the FAA Regional Office that the doc was indeed the appropriate doc and informed DRO of same and provided the FAA's number so they could vet the info, DRO would not except it...On my 3rd submission try, I requested DRO to inform me as to exactly what doc they needed to confirm my active status...I have yet to get an response...

....Needless to say I have since stopped checking my DRO account...My time is better spent prospecting not blind bidding against law breaking rogue pilots....

...As I mentioned earlier, this could all have been an abberation, just one pilot with bad luck and everyone else is pissing in high cotton...but I doubt it...I don't know if this helps but it should be at least a little thought provoking....

....At the end of the day, it just may be more cost and time effective to generate  your own leads and not deal with any of these hubs where the tail always wags the dog!

...The Very Best To All This New Year!     

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

• Like 1