I recently ventured out to take advantage of a rare break in the winter storms to do some sunset flying near Mt. St. Helens, and I managed to capture some awesome footage!
I continue to be impressed by how the Mavic 2 can handle cold temperatures with noticeable loss of battery life. I was a little worried about flying through the clouds and mist, but I'm learning that the Mavic handles such conditions very well.

In addition to the video, I've posted a bunch of photos on my blog: https://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/2018/12/winter-wonderland-in-cascade-mountains.html

Edited by NacMacFeegle
  • Like 1

Very nice video footage. Still waiting for some SNOW here in Massachusetts so I can get some dramatic aerial footage as well.  Right now, without snow, everything looks kinda BLAH from above!

...Jay

10 hours ago, grequa said:

Nice footage.  What elevation were you flying at?  looks pretty high

Thanks, the mountain I was flying around was a little more than 4000 ft tall, so I would estimate that I maxed out around 4500 ft (above sea level).

On 1/5/2019 at 7:17 AM, Jay Burnham said:

Very nice video footage. Still waiting for some SNOW here in Massachusetts so I can get some dramatic aerial footage as well.  Right now, without snow, everything looks kinda BLAH from above!

...Jay

Thanks, yours is the same problem I have living down in the lowlands of Washington - way too much grey and brown! 

On 1/6/2019 at 10:02 AM, Cyclops55 said:

Very cinematic and nice editing.  Remember you cloud clearances though.

Thanks - there wasn't any danger in flying in/near clouds at this location, as there is rarely any sort of air traffic, especially in the winter.  I'm very familiar with the terrain, and with typical air traffic (mainly a sightseeing helicopter that operates a predictable route in the summer).