Wm Paulson

FAA /gov't shutdown/registration

Hey All, 

New guy here in beautiful S.W. Oregon. Guess what Santa brought (other than a credit card bill. ;) ) Did my duty and tried to register , filled out  the application and paid the fee. I presume no one is working at the office and my 'form' is in someones computer at the FAA. Have flown , a little in remote logging sites (BLM land?), but wondering if it's a bust should I be challenged in a more visible locale. Wait or fly?

Welcome to the forum @Wm Paulson — I assume you registered at the FAA's Drone Zone portal.

You don't need to wait on anything, it's all automated. You should be able to log into your account and see your registration number.

You're not going to get an email or anything in the mail.

image.png.3226b215172233d7ea625526d65a6b0a.png

Thanks for your time responding. I did register via the portal, received a couple messages including  acc't# and a password and that I should expect an email within 48hrs that will have an activation link. Has yet to materialize. I'll try to contact them today, hope someone's home. thanks again. b

Oh, interesting! It's been a while since I set up the account for the first time, forgot about the activation process. Hope you get that email soon!