Sign in to follow this  
Floridian1973

I'm new to the drone world.

Hi all!! I'm very excited as I've always wanted to be a commercial pilot ever since I knew myself, as it's in my familys blood. Circumstances didn't permit me and here I am. The new drone technology today is so intreaging to me that I was compelled to take the only step as any aviator will do, get the proper training and certification needed to function in our controlled airspace. I'm in the process of getting my 107 with this company. If you can share thoughts on same that would be appreciated. I just purchased my first drone, the DJI mavic zoom. With my first few test flights I've realised that this is for me!. This is my dream come true. Now I have to learn and put in the hours needed to become a pro!!. Of course I've flown with regard to to the laws under the non commercial act. It is really remarkable what technology today can do. I have mutch to say about that but I'll keep it simple as I'm new. Hope I'm welcome in this community as I look forward to a business on the horizon. 

Hi @Floridian1973 -- 

It's wonderful to hear about your excitement for drone technology. It is opening up new career and professional opportunities in a variety of industries, like real estate marketing, filmmaking, GIS mapping, and inspections. 

Pursuing your Part 107 is a great first step, and then starting to think about what drone applications most interest you. If you're already taking our course over at Drone Pilot Ground School, and keeping up with the news on UAV Coach, I'm sure you'll find a particular field that interests you. 

Best of luck on your drone journey.