AngryHatter

What Is Your First Purchase After the Drone Itself?

@AngryHatter extra batteries for sure! For a carrying case, it may depend on your scope of work or utility. I do a lot of construction gigs so I bring a hard case for those jobs. If you just do photography, or weddings, or real estate a good carrying case ($50 or less).

But most important of all you need to know what you're doing in regards to insurance. 

Extra batteries, rapid multi-battery charger, spare props, sunshade for ipad display, hard case.

I also have a VHF airband receiver/transmitter to monitor ATC frequencies if flying in Class C and to get weather from AWOS etc., but this is not required.

Highly recommend an account with Drone Logbook.  Upload your flights to DJI and then synch your DJI account to Drone Logbook.  They archive your KML files.  Useful when someone accuses you of flying somewhere you weren't.  It's basically your flight data recorder from your drone.

Fly safe!

There were a few items I bought concurrent with the done - extra batteries, extra propellers, and a hard carry case. Another item that I have found indispensable is a shoulder harness for the controller.