Sign in to follow this  
bjp

Stalling Drone

Hello

If the drone stalls in the middle of a flight, does it just drop to the ground?

And if there is turbulence, and if the drone is knocked around by the wind - or turned upside down - does it right itself with the moving propellers, or just drop out of the sky?

I would like to know what would have to happen for the drone to just drop out of the sky without me having any control to right it.

Thanks
BJ

Depends on what you mean by stall?  Generally aerodynamically multi rotors don’t stall.  If it just fell from the sky there was probably some sort of power failure. 

2 hours ago, bjp said:

And if there is turbulence, and if the drone is knocked around by the wind - or turned upside down - does it right itself with the moving propellers, or just drop out of the sky?

Again, I’m assuming your talking about a multirotor and although turbulence can effect performance depending on the size and wind speed it usually doesn’t have much of an adverse effect.