DJI Agras M-1S controller firmware

Chase Atwood

Hi @Chase Atwood, i have some unpopular insights...

Unfortunately DJI is a vertically integrated closed system which means if DJI didn't manufacture it, its not going to play well with the drone, and DJI manufactured accessories don't work well on non-DJI drones.  

This is a consumer mentality that does not translate well to professionals who have to depend on their equipment working when they need it.  

I have never flown the AGRAS, but if the DJI GoApp or LightBridge2 is part of the software that makes this system fly then your likely going to have all the same difficulties as everyone else.  This is such a niche product that its doubtful that third party vendors like Litche would support it.  Its not even clear if there's a DTK for the Radar etc..  

Sorry I can't be helpful other than to say that the GoApp and LightBridge2 upgrades are a pain on all platforms so I suspect that if you applied some of the same techniques for upgrading hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised .  

@Mad_Angler1 helps a lot of DJI folks and maybe he'll offer his support.  

You rang lol.   

Ok the Agras is very different from any of the ususal models out there.The reason DJI provide very limited support is its meant to be all provided by the supplying dealer as I understand it.

Op can you give some more info on the issue and what’s going wrong in the update, when and what’s the error ?

If it’s the MG1-P or RTK then you can update via the App onboard via Wifi or Assistant 2 for Agras however this is not the same assistant as you have for mavic or the Inspire so make sure you are using this special assistant and not the common public one, this can be downloaded from Agras page for that model. 

if it’s failing over Wi-fi via the App try to use the Assistant on PC or Mac , often the failure happens because the RC controls link affects the Wi-fi and prevents the download of the file and using Assistant gets around this.

Give us some more info as we can see what is going on, have you tried talking to your dealer on this ? 

Edited by Mad_Angler1

Mad,

You are correct, when saying that DJI expects you to pursue all matters related to service through a registered dealer.  Although it was a painful process, the controller for our Agras MG-1S has the current firmware and latest greatest versions.  The only error remaining is "This account has not been added into DJI Agras Management System. Please contact support."  Having a DJI account will not correct this as I have one of those for a phantom 4.  The hurdles to get this in the air are cumbersome. 

1 hour ago, Chase Atwood said:

Mad,

You are correct, when saying that DJI expects you to pursue all matters related to service through a registered dealer.  Although it was a painful process, the controller for our Agras MG-1S has the current firmware and latest greatest versions.  The only error remaining is "This account has not been added into DJI Agras Management System. Please contact support."  Having a DJI account will not correct this as I have one of those for a phantom 4.  The hurdles to get this in the air are cumbersome. 

Usually that means the dealer has not registered the SN on the back end system at DJI.