Isabella | UAV Coach

Giveaway: Win a VIP Pass to AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2019

My name is Adam and I am a land surveyor and new Part 107 certified pilot. I have always had a passion for aviation every since I was child. Growing up I wanted to be an astronaut, and later an aerospace engineer! Although I chose a different career path, UAVs have given be the opportunity to explore my passion. I recently began implementing a UAV program at my company.  It would be a great experience to be able to attend the AUVSI XPONENTIAL conference. Being new to the field, I am interested in networking with the experts in the field and gaining as much knowledge as possible. By being able to attend this conference, I would be able to grow and develop exponentially as a UAV pilot. Thank you for providing such a great opportunity.

I am very interested in the new track this year on Drone Tech User Track. I earned my Part 107 license (on my own time and money). I would like to bring drone work into the company I work for, SimVentions. We are a company of Systems Engineers and Software Engineers. We're in the catch 22 situation of needing the skills to get work, but need the work to develop the skills. The AUVSI Xponential would be a great opportunity to partner with other businesses already in the field. I'm also very interested in the Women and Diversity in Robotics Special Event. Being a woman in the systems engineering field can be challenging and I would love to hear others perspectives.

Thank you for your time and consideration in selecting me for a free pass to the AUVSI Xponential 2019!

Teri Bailey, Senior Systems Engineer; SimVentions

I am exploring a second career as a drone pilot. I just purchased a Yuneec Typhoon H Plus because of it's hexacopter stability and high resolution camera. I have a background in photography and believe there may be opportunities in the growing UAV field. I have also earned most of my income over the past 40 years doing lighting for the film and television industry. In spite of my experience it has been getting harder to keep up with the younger, faster, stronger new generation coming up, hence my interest in a new career. I really would like to attend the conference to explore new technology and career opportunities. Unfortunately work has been very slow for me since December and the purchase of the H Plus has depleted my savings. Adding to that the cost for the FAA test and prep course makes it difficult for me to also afford the conference fee at this time. It would really be great if you can grant me a pass to help me achieve my goal.

Thank you for your consideration

Tom Nizinski

They say if you choose a job that you love, you will never work a day in your life.  I personally have been following that practice for the majority of my career.  

During my formative years is when I had my first experience of flight.  This was a luxury that up until then wasn’t possible because of my family and our struggle to get by financially.  However, during that first flight, I was immediately hooked, and started to study the technology needed to make modern flight possible.  Not only that, I wanted to learn more of where the industry was heading.

Fast forward to present day, where I serve as the Chief of Staff for a prominent FBO/MRO facility, where I interact daily with people within the aviation industry.  Throughout the years, I have been fortunate enough to attend NBAA several times, however, the drone industry has been essentially non-existent there.  Therefore, trying to network and learn about upcoming technology has been increasingly difficult.

What drew me to being a Part 107 certified pilot, are the endless opportunities within the industry. The aviation industry is always growing, but sUAS sector is expanding exponentially faster not only in its applications, but in a technological sense as well.  

This opportunity to attend AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2019 would be the chance to be able to get first hand experiences on new, emerging technologies, speak with leading developers, but more importantly network with like minded, career driven people within the field.  Lastly, the keynote lineup has an extensive roster giving a unique array of opinions of well-respected economic professionals, military and government officials, but also I am especially excited to hear what Michael Perry of DJI has to say.

If rewarded with this amazing opportunity, I would make the most of every possible moment available.

Edited by ForceFan2000

Drones are the perfect combination of my three passions in engineering, photography, and aviation. As a mechanical engineer in college, I built several custom drones for varying applications like photography, FPV racing, and heavy lifting. Three years after graduating with my masters, I am now an aerospace engineer with a growing side business repairing drones.

After successfully repairing my own DJI phantom drone, I started fixing drones for others who were frustrated with long repair times and high repair costs. Word spread quickly in the tight knit San Diego drone community of my fast service and excellent customer service. In the span of 2 years, I repaired over 150 drones and expanded into other drone services like flight lessons and consulting. I have been approached by individuals and companies alike with drone business ideas and special jobs. My most notable alliance has been with the local Palomar Community College to offer technical internships for students in the drone program, with the possibility to also teach a course in the future.  I owe my success so far to those who have guided me, and supporting education is the least I can do to pay it forward. 

I attended several drone events in the past (Interdrone, Drone World Expo, New York Drone Film Festival) and came back from each one inspired, motivated, and with valuable industry connections. As the largerst drone conference, I’m looking forward to AUVSI XPONENTIAL as the best opportunity to stay involved in the industry and help further grow the education and consulting side of my repair business.

Firstly I want to thank everyone over at DronePilot Ground School for helping me get certified for my Part 107! (I have a fun story about this too.)
Since we are mostly all pilots let me talk like a pilot!

UAV Coach this is Ed Kozak K11 23 years of age, a young entrepreneur and a justice Studies major

I am just outside of Chicago at 2.1656° N, 88.2942° W Current altitude apple Imac level

I want to to tell everyone here I am hoping to make a company that is UAS emerging technologies focused. This opportunity would allow me to expand my knowledge and allow me to write articles in return. I currently own the domain Robot-Sky.com (Not up yet) and have been working on a self referencing pilot database that I hope to turn into a webpage and app so that our logbooks are made on the fly. [BONUS POINTS FOR A PUN.] Now I could drone on and on [DOUBLE  PUN POINTS]  Being young and passionate in this field means I am the one who can implant the newest trends the fastest. Thank you again for this cool opportunity. 

Flyboy K11
Ed Kozak

Hello, my name is Ruslan! Droning is a hobby, turned into second career.  I also enjoy video and picture post processing. I would really love to get an opportunity attending AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2019 to meet experienced professionals, learn UAV capabilities and of coarse meet UAV Coach Team.

Thank you!

Hello - I thought I might as well throw my hat in the ring! Full disclosure, I’m a complete novice to the field (with minimal flying time) and I’m still saving up for PfCO certification (I’m based in the UK). I would love the opportunity to visit AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2019 to fully explore what’s going on in the industry and try and figure out how my existing knowledge could fit in with what’s emerging. My background is in public sector housing and construction, but I’m open to all avenues. Wishing everyone who’s entered the best of luck (!!) and thanks to the UAV Coach team for creating this opportunity!

I am licensed Drone Pilot who is currently working as an Assistant Principal at a High School in Klein, Texas. This school has approximately 71% of the students eligible for free-reduced lunch. This means that 71% of my students' families incomes are near or below the poverty income threshold.  Only about 51% of the students are eligible for and/or attend a 4-year college or university upon graduation. The state of Texas just approved a Drone Pilot course for the 2019-20 school year. I recently created a Drone Club where I am currently working with 20 students teaching then about drones and creating curriculum for this new drone course. In Texas, the Drone Pilot course will be the precursor before students challenge themselves by taking the Part 107 exam. I am interested in attending AUVSI's XPONENTIAL 2019 because I want to build my drone program by first collaborating with companies to partner and bring them into the school to mentor my students and work with them to give them real world experiences with how drones are currently being used as well as where drone usage will be going in the future. Second, I am interested in attending because I need to make sure I am abreast of all things drones so that I can enrich the curriculum for students so that they have a thorough understanding of the various ways drones are used. Lastly, I am interested in attending the conference so that I can help build and diversify my students's skills in using drones to give them a way of helping to support their families by teaching them to be entrepreneurs. 

Dear UAV Coach,

I am Desmond Chai, Head of Drone Management from Sarawak Energy Berhad, an electric utility in Sarawak, Malaysia. Drone is my passion as I have been using drone since 2015 and had accumulated more than 70 UAV flight hours. I have been reading news from Alan, UAV Coach many years back since I first started exploring UAV technology and developing UAV application program for my company in 2014. Now, there are more than 30 UAS fleets have been created across my organization. At the moment, there are around 70 numbers of UAV Pilots has been trained and competent to operate the small UAS for the aerial work. The drone technology is advancing rapidly, therefore, by attending AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2019 conference will allow me to gain more knowledge, connect with more people in the UAV community, industry around the World. From this golden opportunity, I will able to move further and bring more value to my company and other drone community in Malaysia. In the mean time, the conference will also create business opportunities, partnership with others exhibitors companies around the exhibition.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Desmond Chai