Hi! New(ish) Pilot Here!

Greetings!  I'm Mike and I say I'm new(ish) as a drone pilot, because well, I don't have a drone... YET!  I'm in the market for my first quad.

I have experience with RC aircraft, having built and flown a few different models.  I've recently started looking at a couple of different models (mostly DJI) for my first quad.

My professional background is in Aerospace, so anything that flies is right up my alley!  I love the portability aspect of these quads as well as being able to see areas of the Earth that I would otherwise might not be able to experience.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Mike

I would wait on a DJI. I mean for a first drone i would get a UDI 818A. These are great easy to learn and hard to break compared to alot of other drones. Also beware of the wifi phone control. Actual remote controllers are 1000 x better. First it was an option. Drones stil came with remotes. Now out of cheapness many companies like DJI with Tello make it mandatory that u use a smart phone as a remote control for drone..

• 1 year later...

The DJI Ryze Tello will work with most bluetooth controller (ranging in price from $20 to $60). Add the TelloFPV flight app for about $6. Get a Wifi Extender (anywhere from $20 to as expensive as you like - lol!) - and you get a long range video capable drone and that can fly super fast (when required) with a Return to Home function (despite not having a GPS).

Checkout: https://www.remotelyunlimited.com