OVERSEARTH

DJI Inspire 2 experience

I purchased a DJI Inspire 2 through Best Buy. Upon taking it out of the box it is a very pretty drone! One of the batteries would not charge though, it would only blink red on the charger. I contacted DJI through chat and they were difficult to communicate with. DJI repeatedly asked questions that I had already answered. Then DJI wanted pictures and then the wanted video. Then DJI asked me to wait a up to 48 hrs to get back with me. DJI e-mailed me and asked me to ship the batteries to them so that the could look at them and determine what is wrong. I said no and that the drone would be returned to DJI on no uncertain terms. I received the Camera I had ordered through DJI today and since I am returning the drone I promptly began the return process to do that. The first chat was frustrating and ended finally in a promised e-mail which I did not receive. The next phone call resulted in a referral to a chat. The next chat took a mind numbing 1.5 hrs to explain myself twice to two agents and get a promised e-mail for instructions within 24-48 hrs.

What would you have done?

Pay to send the "intelligent" batteries in to be looked at?

Twiddle your thumbs in the meanwhile?

Decide to build a drone yourself?

Do you want to trust your business to DJI's discretion?

Why didn't they offer me better options?

I didn't even try to persuade them, I wanna deal with people that treat me differently; do you?

Edited by OVERSEARTH

I intentionally tried to keep this post dry, I am not trying to badmouth DJI. I simply mean to share the experience regardless of how it makes me feel.

Just had an incredibly pleasant experience with DJI's customer support and have been asking them questions / dealing with similar issues over the last couple of years. Never had any negative experiences, but perhaps I'm the anomaly. Here are some other experiences:

• Sad 1

@Alan Perlman Thank you for the reply. I actually tried to delete this thread I created but I don't know how. It is rather embarrassing that I care at all and DJI can do whatever they want, just not with me. I suppose I posted this not to punish them but to enlighten everyone here. Whatever they have, I just do not need that bad.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:00 PM, OVERSEARTH said:

One of the batteries would not charge though, it would only blink red on the charger. I contacted DJI ... DJI e-mailed me and asked me to ship the batteries to them so that the could look at them and determine what is wrong. I said no ...

I may not know details but I'm fairly certain this is a standard procedure.

What did you expect would happen? You'd get a second battery in the mail, no questions asked? 

No company will simply take your word for it, and even if they did, they can't diagnose a piece of equipment from a description. Usually, the item has to be taken to a store or sent to a warranty or service center to be diagnosed and, if it's defective, you'll probably get it replaced without any issues.

If you said "no" to their usual procedure - which is pretty standard - then you pretty much shut the door on them at the point when you were approaching resolution. 

I believe the Inspire 2 is a serious UAV, not a toy, and it deserves care and patience. Service and warranty claims can be frustrating in general. Perhaps you want to start with a more simple and compact drone.