johngilkey

New member introducing myself

I am a hobbyist sUAV pilot studying for my Part 107 license. I am a private pilot but am not current and it is cheaper to take the Part 107 test than it is to get a flight physical, go through ground school refresher training and pay for a biennial flight review. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and am interested in aerial photography and videography. I am excited about flying my drone and like most people, discouraged about the fear of drones that many people, including the FAA, appear to have. I spent 37 years in newspapers followed by 8 years  with the local Convention and Visitors Bureau. I want to share the images I shoot of my region with others so that they can understand just how beautiful drone aerial photography and video can be and in doing so, share the beauty of my area of the country. I want people to realize that drones can help share the beauty of the earth and alleviate the neurotic fear that drones are bad. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences with those on this forum. Here is a link to one of my first drone videos: