JBR LIFE Photography

$21M Beachfront Residence in 1 minute

Aloha all!

I recently had the pleasure of filming a $21M home on Maui, with the challenge of squeezing most of the goodies into a single minute.  Admittedly, this was a tough one.  The interior space is rather dark, so I needed a bit of lighting to help out.  The property itself is heavily guarded by trees on the ocean side, making it tough to actually see.  Additionally, there are so many special features of this home, a minute isn't nearly enough to showcase them all, so selecting the best of the best was a chore.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the outcome, and the client is most definitely happy, which is the most important thing.

This video was shot on a Mavic 2 Zoom and Sony A7R3.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

That looks great.  Curious why it had to be a minute?  Did it take less time to produce a shorter video?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

That looks great.  Curious why it had to be a minute?  Did it take less time to produce a shorter video?  

I offer two versions of video...1min or full feature (up to 3min).  Each realtor has their own way of listing properties, and some love the longer vids, some love the short preview style.

With this home, I encouraged the realtor to go with a full video, but she insisted that it was such a small home compared to most that she sells, 1min should be just right.

Yep, you read that correctly.  She called a 3500sqft home 'small'.

Capture time is actually almost the same.  Still need to set up the rooms, lights, get the details, etc.  Plus, I always capture enough for a full feature video, in case they decide to upgrade after seeing the short version.  Post production time is definitely less to create a 1min vid.

On top of that, the client wished to purchase an exclusive license, which definitely increases the price, since I lose earning potential on an exclusive license.

Well, to her credit 3500sqft is a small property for $21M.  You’d think with such a high per square foot cost she’d want the longer version.  

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, JBR LIFE Photography said:

Aloha all!

I recently had the pleasure of filming a $21M home on Maui, with the challenge of squeezing most of the goodies into a single minute.  Admittedly, this was a tough one.  The interior space is rather dark, so I needed a bit of lighting to help out.  The property itself is heavily guarded by trees on the ocean side, making it tough to actually see.  Additionally, there are so many special features of this home, a minute isn't nearly enough to showcase them all, so selecting the best of the best was a chore.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the outcome, and the client is most definitely happy, which is the most important thing.

This video was shot on a Mavic 2 Zoom and Sony A7R3.  Enjoy!

Very nice job. I liked the music, worked well for just 1 minute.

• Like 1