JBR LIFE Photography

Mavic 2 Zoom - Color Graded Video frame

Aloha All!

Thought I'd share a recent frame from a video I shot with the Mavic 2 Zoom.  This little bird continually surprises me with it's capabilities.  Sure, there are way better quality platforms out there, but I'm having a great time pushing this little camera to it's limits.

The first frame is straight out of camera.  I shoot in 4k, using custom settings to emulate a logarithmic profile, since DJI omitted true log profiles from this system.  The second frame is fully graded via FCPX, using a series of layers to control color and tones, including masking tools / tracking.  

There's a bit of noise remaining in the final frame, but this is not visible when the video is playing, as the frames blend and show motion.  Overall, I'm happy with this little rig.  The dynamic range is definitely a bit limited, and requires some trickery in post to really bring it all out, but in the end, it's solid.  Having a telephoto lens in the mix really opens up a LOT of options for unique cinematic shots, and in most environments, the camera really does come through with at least a prosumer level of commercial quality.

Mahalo for viewing, enjoy!

Wailea Ekolu Village - Unit 108 - UNGRADED.jpg

Well done. First one looks it was taken in winter and then came summer in the second.

No imagination in house design. How many houses built from one set of plans?  We have the same problem here lack of imagination. Even if they painted the houses differently

Back to the photos .. interest in seeing your next effort..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thewomble said:

Well done. First one looks it was taken in winter and then came summer in the second.

No imagination in house design. How many houses built from one set of plans?  We have the same problem here lack of imagination. Even if they painted the houses differently

Back to the photos .. interest in seeing your next effort..

Mahalo for taking the time to view!  It's true, these all had to be the same because they're vacation rental townhomes.  You know the drill...one size fits most. lol  At least the interiors vary in stylized design, as each unit is individually owned.  This one in particular had a pretty nice upgrade, you can see in the video below.

I ALSO HAVE A MAVIC ZOOM. I USE IT ONLY FOR ROOF INSPECTIONS OF HOME. I AM ALWAYS PLAYING WITH THE EXPOSURE SETTINGS, SOMETIME THE PIC'S COME TO DARK, SOMETIMES TO LIGHT. DO KNOW OF A SETTING THAT WOULD DO WHAT IN NEED AUTOMACTICLY? 

SORRY LEFT THIS OUT,  MIKEC9@COMCAST.NET