Sign in to follow this  
Isabella | UAV Coach

Warning Issued to DJI Matrice 210 Operators

The U.K. Civil Aviation Authority has issued a warning to DJI Matrice 210 drone operators after receiving six Mandatory Occurrence Reports in the last three months affecting the DJI Matrice 210 series drone.

On each occasion, the DJI M210 malfunctioned resulting in rapid, uncontrolled descent and consequent damage to the airframe upon impact with the ground.

View the announcement: http://skywise.caa.co.uk/dji-matrice-210-series-drone/

6 hours ago, Isabella | UAV Coach said:

On each occasion, the DJI M210 malfunctioned resulting in rapid, uncontrolled descent and consequent damage to the airframe upon impact with the ground.

That’s a rich way to describe a crash.  

This has been an issue for almost a year.  It’s almost futile reporting this, the people who fly and love DJI won't believe it until it happens to them personally.  This is way more likely to seriously injure someone than a drone having a midair with a manned acft.  

@Av8Chuck

I was surprised that the announcement came from the U.K. CAA and not DJI themselves. DJI is usually good about letting customers know when something may go wrong with one of their products (like their warning about the TB55 battery end of last year). I haven't seen DJI publicly address this except stating they will "look into the reported issues." 

I’m guessing it’s the same battery issue as last year.  There was a lot of debate regarding DJI’s handling of the information regarding the TB55 battery issue.  Not really any point in rehashing it here.  

As I understand it the CAA in Canada never lifted the ban after they grounded the M200 series drones.  

The Skywise statement says:

We are working with the manufacturer

Hopefully, this will be solved quickly.

Also, the V2 series is out. Unrelated, but still shows work is in progress.