purpledogww

Thanks Alan for the great reminder!

Thank-you Alan for the timely email this morning! I purchased a Phantom 3 Standard a week ago. I spent quite a bit of time watching instructional videos on YouTube and reading over the owner's manual a few times before taking my first flight. I found a large field at my local Community College that was deserted on a Sat. afternoon. My first few flights were easy and fun. Then my Phantom suddenly, it seemed, took off on me! Yikes! Because I had no experience, I started to panic which made the drone fly even crazier! My heart was pounding...I thought my drone (Vivian) was a goner. I was lucky enough to avoid a major crash. 

As a result, the next day I found a large, empty parking lot and spent time taking off and landing...NO HIGH FLYING. I found a great video on YouTube that provided some nice, beginner flight training skills and I purchased a $40 SYMA X5C to practice my flying skills. 

Moral of the story....Avoid self-inflicted heart attacks...be patient and learn how to fly before blindly blazing into the sky with your investment!

)

• Like 1

Glad to hear your initial training sessions have gone well! Wholeheartedly agree with being patient and deliberate those first several hours in the air. Takes a while to build up the kind of confidence, wherewithal, and knowledge needed to safely operate sUAS.

Can't wait to see some of the pics / videos you take :) Keep us posted.

• Like 1