Sign in to follow this  
Zacc Dukowitz

FAA Approves Google's Drone Startup, Wing, to Conduct Drone Deliveries as a Certified Air Carrier

Yesterday U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Elain Chao announced that Alphabet Inc.’s Wing Aviation, a drone startup that originated at Google X, has been awarded the first air carrier certification ever given to a drone company.

Read today's article to learn more about Wing's certification and how they got it.

What do you think—will Wing start delivering to your city soon? Chime in with your thoughts on this post, curious to hear if people think we'll actually see commercial drone deliveries happening in the U.S. this year, or if they're still a ways off.

The Shoshone County Airport Manager writes: our 5,500' runway is parallel to and 50 feet adjacent to the I-90 Aerospace Corridor..... Interstate HyWy 90 runs coast-to-coast, so FedEx and Walmart already have business operations next to this airport ....our rural community is ideal for Proof-of-Concept Operations.....PLUS....our valley citizenry is predisposed to welcome MUAV Incubation Centers......we can provide tax breaks and free "office land"  on I-90... the airport boasts 100 acres of adjacent park land on the south fork of the beautiful Coeur d'Alene River...….....we already foster UAS R& D flights.... the Pacific Northwest mountains of Idaho are calling you  ……"Interested?" a former airline pilot and university professor asks

Sigh!  I have spent most of my week calculating and recalculating the wind drag on a Domino's Pizza...

At the moment, I am not even sure if there is a drone capable of delivering Pizza, don't forget - extra cheese!