Sign in to follow this  
Isabella | UAV Coach

Drones Are Revolutionizing Agriculture

Agricultural drones are changing farming and land management practices.

Agricultural Drones: How Drones Are Revolutionizing Agriculture and How to Break into this Booming Market

In this article we highlight: 

-6 innovative drone uses in agriculture
-Methods for launching your career as an agriculture drone pilot
-Drone applications driving the future of modern agriculture

Learn about the uses of drones in agriculture and how to break into this new field.

This article is interesting but I question its validity, as everyone here should debate its validity.  Otherwise it’s just click bait. 

Drones are definitely not driving the future of modern agriculture. I know a little of what I’m talking about, our offices are located on an organic farm owned by one of the largest farmers in the state.  This has positioned us pretty well for working with farmers throughout the region.

We’ve flown hyperspectral over cranberry bogs for Oceanspray, tons of avocados, and leafy vegetables helping farmers to evaluate what drones might mean to them.  Great science projects but with few exceptions not much traction.  That’s not to say that we don’t try and that we don’t hope for the best but our experience is quite different from that article.  In fact I don’t need know of a single application of aerial spraying using a drone.  When I ask farmers they generally chuckle. 

Theres a significant hole in the ecosystem, the feedback loops that help the farmer to interpret the data drones collect.  I’d love to be proven wrong, if anyone has first hand knowledge of the successful sustained application of drones in ag, please share your experience.  

There are so many of these types of articles that the only information I trust is from first hand accounts from users.  That’s not to say that I don’t enjoy the articles but I don’t trust them.

EA2BB839-9041-480E-AFCA-90BFB6596EE1.jpeg