DesCas

Issues with Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware update v1.8.80

I recently downloaded Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware update v1.8.80 which came out April 7th 2016.  I installed the firmware correctly to the both Phantom and controller!  When I went to hookup to the Dji Go app to with my Android Samsung Note 5 like I always have, The Dji Go app didn’t connect to the phone.  So I checked to make sure the controller was bound with the P3 and it was. I had the green light on the back side of the P3 and green light in front where the camera is.

So I tried using my IOS Ipad mini 2 and it worked just fine!  Since I downloaded the new firmware I can’t get my Samsung phone to connect.  I talked to a friend who uses his Android tablet or his Samsung Galaxy 6 phone and he reported the same issue.  It will work with his tablet but not the phone!

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, have you found a fix???

DesCas

I have heard of this and you may actually benefit from doing a quick uninstall and reinstall of the DJI Go app itself on the device.I had a disconnect issue once on my samsung note 5 and this worked fine.

Yes... I heard of a couple of people that were able to fix the problem doing a quick uninstall and reinstall of the DJI Go app, but for others like myself it didn't work.  Which I think is strange that,that procedure will work on the exact phone someone else has, but not with another person owning the same device. But here is something I discovered that will work, or at least on my phone it did (Galaxy Note 5). For those of you still having this problem try going through the following procedure:

1. Turn controller

2. Turn on aircraft,          

3. Open-up Dji Go app (even though you can’t connect)

4. Pull down your home page menu

5. Click on “Connect for charging”

6. Click on “Software Installation”

7. Then the app will open and you will be connected!

This works, but the only thing is, or at least for me, I have to go through procedure every time you turn everything on.  I notified tech support for DJI and they are going to look into it and try to resolve this issue.

Good Luck Guy’s let me know how you make out….

Edited by DesCas
spelling

On April 27, 2016 at 6:00 PM, DesCas said:

I recently downloaded Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware update v1.8.80 which came out April 7th 2016.  I installed the firmware correctly to the both Phantom and controller!  When I went to hookup to the Dji Go app to with my Android Samsung Note 5 like I always have, The Dji Go app didn’t connect to the phone.  So I checked to make sure the controller was bound with the P3 and it was. I had the green light on the back side of the P3 and green light in front where the camera is.

So I tried using my IOS Ipad mini 2 and it worked just fine!  Since I downloaded the new firmware I can’t get my Samsung phone to connect.  I talked to a friend who uses his Android tablet or his Samsung Galaxy 6 phone and he reported the same issue.  It will work with his tablet but not the phone!

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, have you found a fix???

DesCas

I don't mean to appear blunt but I stopped updating my DJI Phantom 2 Vision + sometime back.  I don't trust DJI's firmware programming or the programming of the app.  I was given  P2V+ V3 and the person updated it all the time now it will not receive video on phone or tablet but it can take video and photos.  My P2V+ that I don't have any of the latest updates on works fine. There are many complaints about loss of streaming video and DJI wants me to send it in for repair....spend a small fortune to fix a factory defect...I don't think so!  Good thing it was free.

• Like 1