Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Where to Fly a Drone in Sacramento

It's often challenging to find a legal, safe, and visually interesting location to fly your drone, especially in a densely populated area with one or more airports.

After a round of comprehensive research, our team compiled a list of where to fly a drone in Sacramento. We also have this list of drone laws in California that might be helpful.

Where do you like to fly your drone in Sacramento? We welcome your comments/experiences below.

Thanks @Chase Flynn | UAV Coach for the information on flying in and around Sacramento as I live not too far from Sacramento and Folsom. These days I mainly fly at our local AMA club which is similar to the one in Davis that you had on your list of 5. One thing to point out when flying at an AMA site is you need to be both a member of the club and also the AMA

https://www.modelaircraft.org

Clubs usually have a guest policy but you still need to be an AMA member and permission to fly at their field.

Our city of Roseville allows flying in designated areas of some of its parks but does require the purchase of an annual permit and of course park rules as well as FAA rules must be followed.

https://www.roseville.ca.us/cms/one.aspx?portalId=7964922&pageId=13499979

I haven't flown in Folsom state park but understand that it is allowed. The main reason is its $12 each time you enter the park although of course annual passes are available.

Thanks @Chase Flynn | UAV Coach for the information on flying around Sacramento!

For number 4 — CLAY BANKS - it says: Airspace Class: Class D — Uncontrolled. I'm new to all this and thought that should be Class D -- Controlled, as it says on AirMap.

Thanks again!

-Ken