Where to Fly a Drone in Las Vegas

It's often challenging to find a legal, safe, and visually interesting location to fly your drone, especially in a densely populated area with one or more airports.

After a round of comprehensive research, our team compiled a list of where to fly a drone in Las Vegas . We also have this list of drone laws in Nevada that might be helpful.

Where do you like to fly your drone in Las Vegas? We welcome your comments/experiences below.

• 3 months later...

This is the suckiest list I've ever seen.

RedRock is the best place to fly around Las Vegas and it's not even on the list.  

7 piles of magic rocks is still the same from 50 feet up, uninteresting. 
And the #1 choice, Las Vegas soaring club, requires a $100 AMA national membership to join the $75 a year club, and then it's not even near anything interesting.  Great for RC planes, sucky for drones.

Hi @FTL900,

I spoke with Red Rock Canyon Las Vegas who confirmed that recreational drone operations can take place anywhere in the park except in designated wilderness areas. This location was not chosen before because AirMap has this location listed as a National Park, which are No-Fly Zones. The park has confirmed that they are not a National Park. 

The Las Vegas Soaring Club location will be replaced with Red Rock Canyon as it is a more desirable location. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can provide the best locations. 

Regarding the other locations, what makes a location interesting varies from person to person and we do our best to choose not only a visually interesting location, but one that is also legal. Las Vegas is limited in terms of legal flying locations due to regulations and the complexity of the airspace surrounding the city. 

We always encourage feedback and ask that forum members respond in a way that's positive and beneficial to other members of the forum. 

Thanks, 

- Chase 

• Like 1

Thanks Chase, and I'm sorry if I was harsh earlier.. I think it was pre-caffeine. 

Red Rock is a national conservation area, but a national park pass will get you in.  I'm just glad we can fly there, I've got some of my best pictures there.

I believe Mt Charleston is okay to fly too, or at least parts of it.   I've flown in the parking lot above the ski resort as well as at the lodge in Kyle canyon, and didn't get any flight warnings. 

I'm not real clear on Lake Las Vegas since it's privately owned, but I've flown there 3 times and I've just been discreet about it. 

All good @FTL900, it does look like a great location and it is nice that the park does allow drones in such a scenic area. As far as Lake Las Vegas, I was unable to find any restrictions in my research against operating a drone in that area. 

If you have any drone photos that you would like to share, feel free to check out our 'Aerial Photography' thread. Or if you have a video you would like to share, you can post in our 'Filmmaking // Cinematography' thread. 

Best, 

- Chase 

• 10 months later...

Concerned citizen reports numerous drones FLYING IN A NO FLY ZONE OVER 89108

PLEASE RESPECT THE ZONES AND FLIGHT PATTERNS MADE BY LAW 2019

A report has been made to FHA and Metro Police for the 30-60 droned flying in between Lake Mead and Oakey and Buffalo and Jones.

This is a no fly zone and multiple citizens in our neighborhood are very concerned and would like those Drone Pilots to PLEASE USE THE RECOMMENDED FLY ZONES.