erfan

log file analysis

hello ,
I flow with my copter and got the log file , it was neither a bad fly nor a good one .below is the log analysis which I got from mission planer:

No of lines 64437
Duration 0:05:23
Vehicletype ArduCopter
Firmware Version V3.6.8
Firmware Hash 2f409678
Hardware Type 
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 0
Test: Autotune = UNKNOWN - No ATUN log data
Test: Brownout = GOOD - 
Test: Compass = WARN - WARN: Large compass offset params (X:-310.85, Y:-47.46, Z:-105.86)
No MAG data, unable to test mag_field interference

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD - 
Test: Empty = GOOD - 
Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERRs found: CRASH FS_BATT 
Test: GPS = GOOD - 
Test: IMU Mismatch = UNKNOWN - No IMU log data
Test: Motor Balance = UNKNOWN - 
Test: NaNs = FAIL - Found NaN in CTUN.DSAlt

Test: OpticalFlow = FAIL - FAIL: no optical flow data

Test: Parameters = FAIL - 'THR_MIN' not found
Test: PM = GOOD - 
Test: Pitch/Roll = GOOD - 
Test: Thrust = GOOD - 
Test: VCC = UNKNOWN - No CURR log data

anyone can tell how to fix these problems? 
@Spitfire76

18 hours ago, erfan said:

I flow with my copter and got the log file , it was neither a bad fly nor a good one .below is the log analysis which I got from mission planer:

What flight modes did you test ?. Was this the maiden flight ?. I typically test stabilize mode first as this only uses the gyro and accelerometer. If that works ok I switch to loiter which tests the GPS and compass. I also might test alt hold mode as this uses the barometer to maintain altitude. Finally if those work I'll test RTL. Its really important that some of the sensors are thoroughly calibrated before flying. Did it fly better in siome modes than others ?.

18 hours ago, erfan said:

Test: Compass = WARN - WARN: Large compass offset params (X:-310.85, Y:-47.46, Z:-105.86)

Make sure that the only compass that is being used is the external one in the GPS. Also make sure that it is properly calibrated.. 

Edited by Spitfire76

53 minutes ago, Spitfire76 said:

What flight modes did you test ?. Was this the maiden flight ?. I typically test stabilize mode first as this only uses the gyro and accelerometer. If that works ok I switch to loiter which tests the GPS and compass. I also might test alt hold mode as this uses the barometer to maintain altitude. Finally if those work I'll test RTL. Its really important that some of the sensors are thoroughly calibrated before flying. Did it fly better in siome modes than others ?.

I flew first in stabilize which was okay,

then I switched to loiter was again fine I suppose ...

but I don’t know how did it happned when I changed from loiter to stabilize my copter flew higher than my expectation , I don’t know what did possibly go wrong ?!

And the end I had to switch to RTL to get my copter to home ..

@Spitfire76

Edited by erfan

51 minutes ago, Spitfire76 said:

Make sure that the only compass that is being used is the external one in the GPS. Also make sure that it is properly calibrated.. 

I will make sure about this one,where Can I turn off the internal compass?!
I HAVE compass_use
compass_use2
compass_use3

?? which one of these I should disable?

Edited by erfan

52 minutes ago, erfan said:

but I don’t know how did it happned when I changed from loiter to stabilize my copter flew higher than my expectation , I don’t know what did possibly go wrong ?!

The throttle should be around 50% to hover when in stabilize mode. There is a "dead zone" in loiter mode which I believe is between 40 - 60 % throttle in which the drone will maintain altitude. Moving the throttle outside this range will increase or decrease the altitude. If you haven't moved the throttle back to the hover position of around 50% then when you change from loiter to stabilize it will use that new throttle setting and suddenly increase or decrease in altitude.

29 minutes ago, Spitfire76 said:

The throttle should be around 50% to hover when in stabilize mode. There is a "dead zone" in loiter mode which I believe is between 40 - 60 % throttle in which the drone will maintain altitude. Moving the throttle outside this range will increase or decrease the altitude. If you haven't moved the throttle back to the hover position of around 50% then when you change from loiter to stabilize it will use that new throttle setting and suddenly increase or decrease in altitude.

yes that is what happened I suppose. Thanks.

how to check at how much percentage is my throttle exactly?!

do you know which parameter is the internal compass to disable it?
I HAVE compass_use
compass_use2
compass_use3

???
@Spitfire76

Edited by erfan

42 minutes ago, erfan said:

how to check at how much percentage is my throttle exactly?!

50% throttle is roughly when the throttle is in the center. More information here

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/ac_throttlemid.html#automatic-learning-of-hover-throttle

You can select which compass to use on the compass calibration screen in MP.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-compass-calibration-in-mission-planner.html