erfan

Drone acting too fast to the throttle response

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the reason why my copter when I throttle a bit down descends too fast? I am in stabilize mode 

I did all calibration

including radio and ESC ..

Is it normal to desends like that in stabilize mode?

do I need to change any parameter for that?!

@Spitfire76

Edited by erfan

12 hours ago, erfan said:

Does anyone know what is the reason why my copter when I throttle a bit down descends too fast? I am in stabilize mode 

You maybe aware of this but in stabilize mode the throttle simply determines the speed and therefore thrust of the motors. Were you expecting a more controlled decent ?. If so you might want to try descending in Alt hold or one of the other modes that uses Alt Hold to control altitude. 

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/altholdmode.html#altholdmode-controls

As you will see in the above in Alt Hold mode the throttle stick is now controlling the rate of climb or decent rather than simply the thrust of the motors. Also note that a range finder like we have discussed in another thread is good to have if you are using this mode as its more accurate than the built in barometer of the flight controller that uses air pressure to sense altitude. 

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 1