I'm about to purchase the Mavic 2 and had the smart controller package in my cart... then began reading negative feedback on the new controller.  I was super excited about it at first but now having second thoughts.  I'm currently using Mavic pro Platinum with an iPad mini.  Anyone have any  experience or advice with the smart controller?  Thanks!

I’ve enjoyed my Smart Controller. My first selling point in purchasing was not having to use my iPhone. Screen works as good as my CS; SC design feels good in my hands; Long battery life, longer than my iPhone, etc. 

Like any new DJI product it’s not perfect. And you could be comparing the reviews your are reading and the users’ opinions all day long. But I suggest you ask yourself, why am I purchasing this item? What are my needs and how is this tool going to enhance my flying capabilities? I like to list the whys, do research on new products, as you’re doing now, and then weigh out the costs. Then pull the trigger or wait.

If you have a question feel free to ask. Jeff

On 5/20/2019 at 8:23 PM, carlosclarkmd said:

I'm about to purchase the Mavic 2 and had the smart controller package in my cart... then began reading negative feedback on the new controller.  I was super excited about it at first but now having second thoughts.  I'm currently using Mavic pro Platinum with an iPad mini.  Anyone have any  experience or advice with the smart controller?  Thanks!

I'm in the same boat and here's what I'm thinking.  Smart Controller doesn't have a removable charger so after 4hrs you are needing to charge for a couple hours before you can fly again. When you're battery dies your controller is no good. For me that is the big downside.  Using an iPad is also going to have its downside of screen glare, possible overheating in hot weather & we all know that Apple dummies down products when new ones come out to get you to upgrade.  I think it all depends on how you will be using the drone...commercial or recreational.  Another upside to the iPad is that say your iPad battery is low you could switch out to a phone giving you more fly time...something the SC can't give you.  Hmmmm

Edited by Trish