BenL

How to connect remote to drone??

11 minutes ago, Spitfire76 said:

Sorry to ask this but is the battery charged and connected as although the flight controller will get enough power from the usb connection of the PC its not sufficient to power the motors.

its okay:) gonna tick all the boxes. Yes the battery is charged and connected 

12 hours ago, BenL said:

its okay:) gonna tick all the boxes. Yes the battery is charged and connected 

In that case it must be something in the build that's not right. I am sure you have checked the wiring but I found this video on the build and he mentions that his kit had some wiring crossed between the flight controller and the camera so maybe simply disconnect camera as you don't need it to test the motors. 

3 hours ago, Spitfire76 said:

In that case it must be something in the build that's not right. I am sure you have checked the wiring but I found this video on the build and he mentions that his kit had some wiring crossed between the flight controller and the camera so maybe simply disconnect camera as you don't need it to test the motors. 

I tried disconnecting the camera and it did the same thing. Here’s a quick video on what the channel indicater is doing. (It keeps doing that so just play it on repeat and you’ll get the same effect)

Edited by BenL

49 minutes ago, BenL said:

I tried disconnecting the camera and it did the same thing. Here’s a quick video on what the channel indicater is doing. (It keeps doing that so just play it on repeat and you’ll get the same effect)

Before we understand why the video channel is changing I would first like to follow-up on that camera connection to the flight controller as it sounds like from the build video that it could have caused some damage. I managed to capture this from that build video and as you can see the marking's on the board are 5V, GND and V but the red wire is connected to the V pin and the yellow wire to the 5V and this should be reversed. Can you check if this is the case with your kit, if not its something we can eliminate. 

242433381_ScreenShot2019-06-16at10_47_02AM.png.2f8cf5265261e1bea620ad5494cf668a.png

Edited by Spitfire76

12 hours ago, BenL said:

No this is not the case on my aircraft. 

ok, good at least we can eliminate that from having done any damage. The video that you posted earlier looks like its just flashing F then a 4 which I would imagine is the band and channel its using for the 5.8 Ghz video channel. In fact have you been able to test the camera by using FPV googles or a monitor ?. Also in that video is that 7 pin connector securely plugged in as it looks kind of wonky ?

708331826_ScreenShot2019-06-17at7_07_16AM.png.034881a7c8c417651693556c6b251121.png

Edited by Spitfire76

On 6/17/2019 at 10:10 AM, Spitfire76 said:

ok, good at least we can eliminate that from having done any damage. The video that you posted earlier looks like its just flashing F then a 4 which I would imagine is the band and channel its using for the 5.8 Ghz video channel. In fact have you been able to test the camera by using FPV googles or a monitor ?. Also in that video is that 7 pin connector securely plugged in as it looks kind of wonky ?

708331826_ScreenShot2019-06-17at7_07_16AM.png.034881a7c8c417651693556c6b251121.png

Yes it was plugged in tight. No I haven't tried connecting the camera to anything yet. Why pay for goggles if your drone doesn't even fly yet right?

1 hour ago, BenL said:

Yes it was plugged in tight. No I haven't tried connecting the camera to anything yet. Why pay for goggles if your drone doesn't even fly yet right?

You make a good point about not buying the FPV goggles if the drone is not working. I just wanted to check if at least something was working.

Since this is came as a kit can you double check the wiring and solder joints. Red wire from battery should go to the + and black to - but of course you would be in real trouble of that was not the case. The small capacitor has a grey line to indicate the negative -

630790653_ScreenShot2019-06-18at10_23_30AM.png.d43e15e54b46ef62f61b5fb4986ee3bf.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 10.25.25 AM.png

Edited by Spitfire76

It looks like the only other leads that you had to solder were for the receiver which according to the video should be in this order.

748528401_ScreenShot2019-06-18at10_26_39AM.png.53bad2241f66ff7314251496a5af4c5b.png

Edited by Spitfire76

and lastly you might want to have a look at this second video on the Betaflight setup for the Q215 if you haven't already. 

Thank you very much! I have watched that betaflight video and copied it and it still didn’t work. So this would eliminate software problems I’m pretty sure. I will double check my reciver. Also yes every other wire you mentioned is correct. 

11 minutes ago, BenL said:

Thank you very much! I have watched that betaflight video and copied it and it still didn’t work. So this would eliminate software problems I’m pretty sure. I will double check my reciver. Also yes every other wire you mentioned is correct. 

Well a couple of other things but I am running out. When you plug in the battery do you hear the same beeps as on the video ?. The beeps are generated by the motors from the ESCs. Also do you have a second battery to try in case the one you have is bad ?.

I do not here the same noises as in the video. I will try to charge a different battery 

Okay so I’m probably gonna end up sending it back to gearbest but thanks for all your help! Next question, know any good FPV drones? Lol

On 6/21/2019 at 6:26 AM, BenL said:

Okay so I’m probably gonna end up sending it back to gearbest but thanks for all your help! Next question, know any good FPV drones? Lol

That's too bad. I don't FPV race so can't recommend a drone although I do have a Tiny Whoop style drone to fly around the house. I mainly like to build larger autonomous drones, both multi-rotor and fixed wing. You may want to check out Oscar's site for recommendations. Also I noticed that he has these tips for troubleshooting arming issues.

https://oscarliang.com/quad-arming-issue-fix/