Sign in to follow this  
tom42100124

Naza m v2 wont hover or stabilize

I have built my custom drone with the naza v2 flight controller. I've done all the calibrations and have had it take off but wont fly above 2 feet and then come back down to the ground and then back up a foot or two then crash. I've tried many different combinations of the gains and haven't seen much affect on the issue. 
Drone parts:
Morors: Quanum 4108 kv370 
ESC: Readytosky 30A 2-6s lipo
frsky x4 reciever using sbus
naza v2 flight contoler with gps unit and pmu.
frame: Tarrot 680 pro
batttery: zippy 8000mha 4s 30c lipo

Please let me know what you think needs to be done to calibrate the drone to take off. during one of my calibrations i've had the drone fly up to 12 feet but it was so unstable I had to bring it back down. I only was able to achieve that height once. 

This is the link to the video of the issue i''m having on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOGWPD5m8zg&feature=youtu.be

1 hour ago, tom42100124 said:

I have built my custom drone with the naza v2 flight controller.

I don't have any experience with that flight controller or software as I prefer using ardupilot but the first thing I would check is that the motor/prop directions are correct and that the motors/ESCs are wired to the appropriate ports on the flight controller. I see that you have a hex configuration. So is this configured for a rotor-i or rotor V ?. V is more common.

414994548_ScreenShot2019-06-11at4_20_33PM.thumb.png.308376c63e3ebb6e0c2b18c3fc8eef29.png

Edited by Spitfire76

It is the V configuration. I double checked all of the esc that they were calibrated and connected to the correct motors When I am able to get it in the air a foot or two and semi stable it responds to the controller normally except when going up.

17 hours ago, tom42100124 said:

It is the V configuration. I double checked all of the esc that they were calibrated and connected to the correct motors When I am able to get it in the air a foot or two and semi stable it responds to the controller normally except when going up.

• Are the props securely attached to the motors i.e not slipping ?.
  • How did you select the components of this build ?.
  • Do you know if a similar build works ?. (i.e motor/props generate enough lift)
  • Do you have the correct radio channels mapped ?

Again I am not familiar with that controller but like most controllers its important to calibrate the following

• ESC- Do this one by one without the flight controller using just an ESC connected directly to the receiver.
  • Accelerometer
  • Radio 
  • Compass

and finally does the battery have the right rating for this build and if so have you tried another battery ? I've known batteries to fail and not produce sufficient current.

Edited by Spitfire76

I think my 4s battery wasn't enough voltage to my motors so I ordered a 6s battery that i'll hook up to it tommoorw when it gets here and see if that works. It should spin these motors more per minute and give me more thrust lift that I needed.

13 hours ago, tom42100124 said:

I think my 4s battery wasn't enough voltage to my motors so I ordered a 6s battery that i'll hook up to it tommoorw when it gets here and see if that works. It should spin these motors more per minute and give me more thrust lift that I needed.

Well it does look like 4s is the low end for those motors. The first table here is for the 370kv motor and shows the recommended battery/prop combination. It also shows the thrust each motor generates so we should be able to work out if that's sufficient.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Clearance-sale-Quanum-4108-MT-Series-FPV-brushless-motor-MT4108-370KV-well-dynamic-balanced-No-Warranties/32822472002.html

So what size props are you using and also what is the total takeoff wait of the UAV ?

To just counter gravity the motor/prop thrust needs to be the same as the weight of the UAV and of course to fly it needs to be much more. My understanding is that the rule of thumb is for the motor/prop thrust to be up to twice the take of weight. 

Edited by Spitfire76

I’m jumping in late to this and don’t have much to add beyond what’s been discussed but I’ve seen this type of behavior so I thought I’d share some of my observations.

We use two 6S batteries in parallel and I’ve  seen this when we had a bad battery.  When we checked the voltage it was fine, but the internal resistance was high and the amperage fell off quickly and it didn’t have the power to fly.  

It also happened when we had a bad BEC and it didn’t provide enough power to the rail the FC was powered from and it browned out.  This can also happen if your powering the FC from the speed controller.  You might want to check you power distribution board.