jb-fpv

Recommendations for a UAV platform

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, if it is not please feel free to move my question into the correct forum. ūüė¨

I work in a medium sized governmental institution. Multiple of our departments want to make use of uavs. Since I race FPV copters I was asked to give them a broad introduction to the thematic, even tho I have no clue about camera systems and "professional" uavs.

The UAV should have an RTK system and a gimbal with a regular camera for aerial photography and gis (this is the focus), switchabel to a thermal camera for finding fawns in cornfields and hunting wild boars and a multispectral camera for agriculture (e.g. what and how much fertilizers is used if I'm not mistaken?)

Multiple collueges will be sent to flying courses, ...but "easier" handling will probably be best.

Can you give me any tips on proofen uavs that have the necessary functionality and can carry the cameras? Could the DJI Inspire 2 solve the requirements? We will of course contact retailers to advise us aswell, but I would like to at least be able to give my collueges a general direction of where this exciting journey might go. :)

Thank you so much!

P.S. Sorry for my englisch...

Sort of asking which car is the best to buy. Answer: What's the budget? Lots of people will direct you to the DJI M200 series with an RTK system. I think you should also investigate the DJI Matrice M100 as a platform (about 1/3 the cost) and the check out the KLAU Geomatics (https://www.klauppk.com/) post processing system. They also have other kits they offer. Contact me if you have further questions.  Tom

Federal or State government?  Chinese manufactured drones are bein banned for use in federal projects.  

www.up-caelivia.it  We are testing our fixed VTOL, 1 h flight time and payload of 0,5 kg.  Subscribe our newsletter and stay tuned you could cove 50ha with one flight.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, Av8Chuck said:

Federal or State government?  Chinese manufactured drones are bein banned for use in federal projects.  

Not Entirely. 

I'm just curious, with everything I've been reading up on RTK/PPK recently, what reasons would there be these days to use RTK over PPK?

I would recommend using services of https://zala-aero.com/en/, they've got a lot when it comes down to UAV photography and visualization, or even video surveillance. If you're interested, also check out their site for data processing.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, jb-fpv said:

Hi!

The UAV should have an RTK system and a gimbal with a regular camera for aerial photography and gis (this is the focus), switchabel to a thermal camera for finding fawns in cornfields and hunting wild boars and a multispectral camera for agriculture (e.g. what and how much fertilizers is used if I'm not mistaken?)

Multiple collueges will be sent to flying courses, ...but "easier" handling will probably be best.

Can you give me any tips on proofen uavs that have the necessary functionality and can carry the cameras? Could the DJI Inspire 2 solve the requirements? We will of course contact retailers to advise us aswell, but I would like to at least be able to give my collueges a general direction of where this exciting journey might go. :)

Thank you so much!

P.S. Sorry for my englisch...

Look at the Firefly 6 Pro made by BirdsEyeView Aerobotics. The aircraft has a good selection of sensors that are hot-swappable as the mission changes. It is fully capable to perform RTK mapping with an RTK base station that is sold with the aircraft. There are infrared, FLIR, FLIR/RBG, and three mapping cameras configured to work without any modification. 

Our aircraft uses an RTK base station with a long-range video link and carries a Sony RX1R II 42MPixel camera. We've been having very good results gathering large datasets quickly (typically about a 20 mile linear flightpath in under 35 minutes (not to be confused with 20 miles from the pilot)).