Hello,

My name is Mike.  I live in Rutherford, New Jersey and I work in Hoboken, New Jersey.  I am new to the hobby.  I have been flying a small indoor Quadcopter (Estes - Proto Z) for the last few months.  I just pulled the trigger on my first FPV Racing quad.  I purchased a Storm Racing QAV210, FrSky Taranis remote and FPV goggles.  I am going all in on my new hobby! 

I look forward learning all I can about the sport, new rules/regulations/laws and possibly using this as a segway into a new career or business opportunity.  I have also signed up for several meet up groups so that I can get out there and network with people who do this everyday.

After what feels like months of waiting, it is finally here.  Late last night, DHL delivered two good sized boxes.  I opened both and confirmed that my order was all there.  Then I packed it up for the night.

I have to admit, I am a little overwhelmed by it all.  This is my first real Quadcopter and I am not sure what to do first.....

Thoughts?

... fly!!!!! 

Also,  a bit more information, maybe a nice un-boxing video will help us give feedback. If you are looking to set up an FPV course a set of hoola hoops works well as flags to fly through and with a little creativity they can be connected to poles, trees, and other things for varying heights.

• Like 1

Get on those sticks and start flying. Create a pre-flight checklist if you don't have one already. Learn to hover, then to yaw, then practice a few basic maneuvers. I'll plug our basic flight proficiency course, but you don't necessarily need it. Just get out there and practice, practice, practice.

I have been flying every chance I get.  I have broken a handful of props and burned up my first motor.  The new motor, plus an extra, should be here by end of day today.

I attended the "Building STEAM Maker Fest" last Saturday.  It was held at the old Bell Labratories in Holmdel, NJ.  I felt like I was at Stark Industries and Iron Man was about to come out at any minute.  They had an FPV Racing event.  It was great to see all the different types of UAVs and meet a bunch of pilots.